Adelphi Medical Staffing
Medical Assistant (MA) #M-MA-7894624
* Ref #: M-MA-7894624
* Profession: Allied Health
* Specialty: Medical Assistant (MA)
* Job Type: Contract
* Open To Travelers: Yes
* Facility Type: Correctional
* Location: San Diego, California
* Start Date: ASAP
* Duration: 28 weeks
* Schedule:Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
* Rate: $$960/40-hours
* Active Medical Assistant Certificate from a California Department of Consumer Affairs-approved agency for MA practice
* At least 12 consecutive months of performing similar services within the last 3 years
* BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or the American Red Cross (with AED)
* Must be proficient in the English Language (Speaking/Writing)
The Medical Assistant's role encompasses a range of administrative and clinical responsibilities, including procedures regulated by certification, such as:
* Administering basic life support in emergencies for patients/youth and staff.
* Safely utilizing medical equipment.
* Performing intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular injections, as well as skin tests.
* Conducting eye and ear washes.
* Administering prescribed medications topically, sublingually, and orally.
* Providing basic breathing treatments.
* Removing casts, splints, sutures, and external medical devices.
* Changing simple dressings.
* Collecting blood via capillary and venipuncture methods.
* Gathering lab specimens with proper equipment and labeling.
* Recording vital signs.
* Conducting basic vision tests when required.
* Carrying out CLIA-waived point-of-care testing to assess a patient/youth's physical condition.
* Demonstrating the use of healthcare appliances (e.g., canes, crutches, braces).
* Attending to the physical comfort of patients/youths.
* Providing therapeutic interventions for physical/behavioral adaptive skills.
* Explaining treatment procedures and medical instructions to patients/youths and staff.
* Identifying patients/youths with disabilities for appropriate accommodations.
* Safeguarding patients'/youths' personal belongings securely.
* Assisting and following provider orders during medical exams and treatments.
* Interviewing patients/youths to gather medical information, preparing them for medical exams
* Observing, documenting, and reporting clinical symptoms and behaviors, including medical history, test results, and vitals.
* Maintaining medical information confidentiality.
* Implementing universal precautions for infection control.
* Recognizing and reporting potential security breaches or behaviors indicating incidents.
* Scheduling patients/youths, managing medical clinic and office supplies, and assisting staff with utensil counting.