Bassett Healthcare Network
Registered Nurse/Emergency Services (Per Diem; Varied Shifts)
The Registered Nurse – ED manages goal directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
• Keeps patients and family informed regularly and prn.
• Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
• Develops, discusses and communicates a realistic problem list (plan of care) for each patient, in collaboration with family/significant other in order to address all identified needs.
• Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
• Evaluates the identified problems, care provided and patient's responses are reassessed in order to meet patient and family needs to assure overall quality of care delivered.
• Maintains up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the health care team, in order to assure quality care.
• Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.
• Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
• Performs all responsibilities required by the emergency unit/critical care division as defined in the scope of service, to assure that the unique nature of the client is addressed. This includes, but is not limited to the age of the client served.
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.