Bassett Healthcare Network
Registered Nurse Supervisor
The RN Supervisor assists the Director of Nursing in development, implementation, and evaluation of on-going service programs that assure quality nursing and resident care programs consistent with FoxCare mission. The RN Supervisor is responsible for making decisions for the unit in the areas of resident care, human resources, and financial management.
• Participates in program development proposal as requested by DON.
• Monitors/Maintains unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for resident services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees unit CQI programs that monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
• Assesses need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
• Fosters a service that is consistent with the resident care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
• Consults with residents/families though primary nurse request, direct family request, and/or direct assessment of resident/family response to condition change. Assesses resident/significant other survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
• Responsible for on-going development of staff and unit specific resident care programs.
• Responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
• Responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies.
• Manages human resources to assure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
• Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
• Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
• Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s/ unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
• Provides resident education as needed.
• Performs medication administration
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Cobble Hill Health Center
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.