Licensed Practical Nurse – Hemodialysis - Contract
Licensed Practical Nurse – Hemodialysis to work a long-term contract in the Bronx. Performs various aspects of patient care within assigned patient care unit under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. Pay $37-45/hr
• Administers general nursing care to ambulatory patients in an assigned area under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
• Participates with the Primary Nurse and Nursing Care Coordinator in planning and coordinating patient care.
• Follows the direction and guidance of the Primary Nurse in implementing the nursing process.
• Reports and records results of nursing care and makes all significant information known immediately to Primary Nurse and/or Nursing Care Coordinator.
• Performs treatments and procedures as assigned by a Registered Nurse.
• Establishes good interpersonal relations with patients, families, and hospital personnel.
• Must have knowledge of usual dosages, side effects, and reactions to medications patients are receiving, and is able to administer oral, subcutaneous, and intramuscular medications, except for experimental drugs.
• May administer narcotics orally or intramuscularly except on pediatrics, newborn nursery, and premature nursery.
• Performs related duties, as required.
• ADA Essential Functions