Bassett Healthcare Network
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Are you looking to make a difference by improving the health of our patients? Valley Health and Valley Residential Services is a proud affiliate of the Bassett Healthcare Network, an innovative and unique health care system that connects comprehensive care and services to people living throughout a 5,600-square-mile area of Central New York. At Bassett Health Network, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. We are committed to helping the population we serve, and our communities achieve optimum health and enjoy the best quality of life possible.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides/assists in resident care encouraging the individual to participate at their highest practicable levels. They are responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair, geri-chair or stretcher and complete documentation of services provided as required.
1. Observe and report resident’s status changes and needs.
2. Answer call lights and alarms and attends to/reports resident’s needs
3. Obtain weights, vital signs and reports results.
4. Prioritize and organizes work within specified time frames.
5. Complete Intake/Output monitoring as appropriate.
6. Obtain specimens and prepare them to be transported to the lab as needed.
7. Provide/assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL), including bathing, skin care, toileting, grooming, and dressing while encouraging the resident to participate at highest practicable level.
8. Assist/feed residents with meals and supplements.
9. Assist clients with elimination needs, and/or provides incontinent care with each occurrence.
10. Transfer, move and reposition clients 2-3 hours and when necessary.
11. Assist residents to move to activities area or dining room area, etc.
12. Keep unit neat, relaxed and homelike.
13. Assist with admissions, transfers and discharges.
14. Assist/provide residents with Passive Range of Motion (PROM) and Active Range of Motion (AROM), and ambulation goals as appropriate.
15. Provide treatments as ordered on assigned residents.
16. Operate all equipment and performs all procedures/care in a safe manner.
17. Demonstrate proper body mechanics in all functions.
18. Clean and stock supplies and equipment as directed.
19. Receive and direct phone calls promptly and accurately following Hospital etiquette guidelines.
20. Demonstrates ability to accept constructive criticism and uses it to improve work performance.
21. Demonstrate the skills and judgment necessary to provide non–direct patient care/support services to staff under the direction of licensed personnel
22. Promote effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
23. Assume all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
24. Complete work assignments on time/readily accepts assignments as observed by Director.
• Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Completion of New York State approved CNA program.
• Experience: Previous long term care experience preferred.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately. Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of people. Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred. Ability to move or lift patients and equipment
• Physical Requirements: Stand, Sit 1-3 hours, Bend, Squat, Reach, Lift, Carry, Push, Pull 1/3 or more of the time. Weight lifted/force exerted- Up to 35 lbs
• Licenses/Certifications: New York State Certification. C.N.A.II requires BLS CPR.
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
• Life insurance and disability protection
• Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
Bassett Health Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.
Bassett Healthcare Network
Cross Country Nurses
Vital Workforce Solutions
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.