Humboldt Park Health
APRN or Physician Assistant-Emergency Department
Join the Emergency Department at Humboldt Park Health in Chicago. Work with a multidisciplinary team of emergency physicians, advanced practice clinicians and nurses who serve the community of Humboldt Park.
• Full-time & Part-Time position / 10-hour shifts
• Prior NP work experience preferred
• Experience in the emergency department setting preferred
• Ability to work varying hours and shifts.
• Comfortable with minor procedures including suturing and I&Ds.
• The ideal candidate will provide quality patient care, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and be motivated to manage throughput in our busy department.
Completes and documents an accurate history and physical examination of patients
Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessments and develops patient care plans
Orders and interprets tests, treatments, and therapies within the scope of practice
Provides clear, concise, and accurate information regarding patient care in the medical record
Provides education to patients, families, and significant others using established education materials
May provide other clinical duties within the scope of practice as directed under the emergency plan
Advocates for patients, families, co-workers, the community and the health care profession
Integrates evidence-based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision-making
Participates in peer review and competency assessment activities
Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge
Establishes an effective relationship with the collaborating physician