Bassett Healthcare Network
Assistant Nurse Manager
Are you looking to make a difference by improving the health of our patients? Bassett Medical Center is a proud affiliate of the Bassett Healthcare Network, an innovative and unique health care system that connects comprehensive care and services to people living throughout a 5,600-square-mile area of Central New York.
The Assistant Nurse Manager provides management assistance on an assigned shift and is accountable for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process. The ANM assesses, plans, delivers, coordinates, integrates, and evaluates nursing care related to patient needs at the expert level. The ANM contributes to the support of patients through interdisciplinary teamwork, assures that the care provided is consistent with applicable standards, regulations, statutes and state and federal law, and provides leadership to department staff, serving as a resource and mentor. The ANM assists the Nurse Manager with elements of planning, organizing, controlling, climate setting, leadership, and operational duties.
Provides nursing care and services to patients throughout the life span and in various settings at an expert level consistent with experience and educational preparation.
• Collects, analyzes, and records relevant patient health data accurately.
• Analyzes assessment data to identify patient problems and identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
• Implements and records interventions appropriate to diagnosis or patient problem.
• Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of identified goals.
• Develops a plan of care that describes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Directs and supervises patient care provided by LPNs and support personnel.
• Effectively precepts new staff members or students.
• Acts effectively as charge nurse or group leader.
• Demonstrates consideration of safety, effective utilization of equipment and materials, and cost in managing patient care.
Assists the Nurse Manager with elements of planning, organizing, controlling, climate setting, leadership, performance improvement, customer satisfaction, people development, professional growth, and unit profitability.
• Participates in gathering data, designing, planning, and implementing programs, and assists with budget preparation.
• Assists with resource and productivity issues according to established department procedures.
• Participates or leads committees as directed by the Nurse Manager.
• Plans and implements selected remedial actions for individuals and/or the unit with objectivity and expertise.
• Communicates performance issues to management team with objectivity and expertise.
• Responds to customer feedback within acceptable timeframe as negotiated with the Nurse Manager.
• Demonstrates daily involvement with selected staff to monitor professional development, identify educational and developmental needs, provide coaching and mentoring where indicated.
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
• Life insurance and disability protection
• Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
Bassett Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.