Bassett Healthcare Network
Manager of Outpatient Services (Monday - Friday; 8am-4pm)
The Manager of Outpatient Services is responsible for supporting the Director, Outpatient & Operative Services in administrative duties related to the outpatient clinics. The Manager will provide leadership by collaborating with members of the health care team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Participates in organizational and unit-based quality improvement activities and provides input on standards of care. Able to provide patient care when needed, remains competent in clinical skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As measured by direct or indirect supervisory observation and/or co-worker feedback, the successful incumbent demonstrates skills in the following duties and responsibilities. Examples of these include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise clinical staff by maintaining high visibility to patients/families and staff in the clinical area(s).
• Share accountability with Director for unit/department/organizational goals achievement.
• Under supervision from Director, participates in basic human resource functions including recruitment, coaching, training, evaluation and development, as well as preparation and delegation of work schedules and workflow.
• Provides managerial support as required.
• Develops, implements, and participates in Quality Improvement Processes activities and works with members of the health care team in activities designed to improve patient care outcomes.
• Provide leadership and serves as a resource in the provision of patient care and unit activities.
• Assist staff in development of problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Serve as a professional role model, coach, and resource for all employees.
• Participates actively in Nursing and/or hospital committees and work groups.
• Assume responsibility for own professional growth.
• Serve as Lawson Administrator: approve staff schedules, requests for time off, biweekly payroll batches, and necessary corrections.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Adheres to standards of practice as set forth in policy and guidelines to assure patient safety.
• Uses supplies and institutional resources in a financially responsible manner.
• Maintains an orderly, clean and safe work environment.
• Maintains appropriate, professional personal appearance, including but not limited to required attire such as uniforms and safety apparel.
• Assists in the training process of students and/or orientation of new personnel.
• Participates in staffing patterns that reflect variable demands in service.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude.
• Uses flexibility and innovation while problem solving.
• Demonstrates collaborative practice, support and respect for each team member.
• Participates in departmental / organizational committees.
• Demonstrates initiative in expanding and sharing knowledge.
• Participates in continued education through attendance and presentations at in-service sessions.
• Communicates with patients and coworkers while adhering always to hospital policies for the protection of the privacy of patient health information and confidentiality.
• Assists with the development and implementation of policies and protocols.
• Communicates necessary information to the director in support of unit, departmental and facility standards and policies.
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.