NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur provides primary and specialty outpatient care through its Diagnostic and Treatment Center (D&TC) and residential care for the elderly and infirmed in its 295-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). Gouverneur recently completed a $250 million modernization project to offer enhanced, cutting edge healthcare services in a state of the art space. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham, Gouverneur’s D&TC is the largest freestanding D&TC in New York, providing more than 250,000 visits per year on the Lower East Side. Gotham, Gouverneur provides a comprehensive array of on-site services, including primary care, pediatrics, women’s health, dentistry, behavioral health, podiatry, optometry, ENT, digital imaging, infectious disease, and other specialties and sub-specialties. NYC Health + Hospitals/Gouverneur Skilled Nursing Facility provides 24-hour care for individuals in need of short-term, long-term care or hospice care. The facility is rated as a Best Nursing Home by US News and World Report. Post-Acute Care services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and audiology, and vocational rehabilitation.
1. Assists RN in admission procedure and participates in the planning, implementing and evaluation nursing care.
2. Sets priorities and delivers direct care to meet the needs of assigned residents.
3. Provide medications, treatments and perform nursing procedures safely. Document per policy and procedure in resident's medical record.
4. Participate in discharge regime and provide necessary teaching to residents and family on regular basis.
5. Demonstrate safety awareness and follow protocol for fire, disaster, infection control and other environment of care practices.
6. Maintain competency and proficiency in nursing resident care standards. Attends all mandatory classes, and participate in the continuing education program and other appropriate learning experiences.
7. Participate in performance improvement activities and other committees as assigned.
8. Performs other related duties.
9. Supervise, CNAs as directed and assigned.
Currently licensed or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of New York.
New York, New York
$ 42,004 - $47,821
NYC Health + Hospitals
Mar 24th, 2020