Director of Nursing / DON / Registered Nurse
Director of Nursing for a 62 Bed SNF and a 12 Bed AL. It is a Medicare and Private Pay Community!
Would accept a very good ADON too! Report directly to the Executive Director! Day Position but need to be available to come in during the Evening as needed! Great Benefits and a Salary Range of $100K-$120K BSN Preferred! 2 Years DON Experience preferred.
COMPANY INQUIRIES ENCOURAGED and FLAT FEES OFFERED!
Essential Job Duties:
1. Responsible for the development, organization and operation of nursing services for the Health Center and residents.
2. Responsible for the coordination of nursing services for Health Center residents including the procurement of outside sources such as, Home Health Care Services, private duty, hospice, rehabilitation services, psychological, etc. necessary to ensure that residents’ needs are met. Communicates and meets with outside consultants as necessary to assess and make recommendations for resident care needs.
3. Responsible for the coordination and direction of the total planning for nursing services including recommendation through a staffing plan of the number and levels of licensed and certified nurses’ aides to be employed.
4. Recruits and selects, with the Executive Director or Administrator’s approval, nursing services personnel.
5. Develops and maintains a schedule of daily rounds and assignments of duties for all nursing staff to assure 24 hour coverage sufficient to meet federal and state regulatory requirements and Facility standards of care.
6. Participates in the coordination of resident care services through departmental staff meetings. Attends and prepares necessary information for the Quarterly Assurance Meetings and annual policy review.
7. Develops and participates in a new staff orientation program for his/her employees, including private duty and agency staff within the Health Center.
8. Coordinates required and supplemental in-service education programs appropriate for all job categories of Facility staff to increase knowledge of competence in job skills for the benefit of staff and residents, in cooperation with the Medical Director and Administrator. Utilizes vendors, consultants and the medical community as appropriate.
9. Maintains clinical skills through nursing education related to geriatrics.
10. Ensures that significant clinical developments of residents are reported to their physicians, the Medical Director, the Administrator and State, as necessary.
11. Ensure steps to implement antibiotic stewardship set out by the CDC core elements controlling all antibiotic usage and resistance.
12. Reviews the nursing requirements of each resident admitted to the Health Center and assists the attending physician in planning care.
13. Completes written probationary and annual evaluations of all nursing staff.
14. Appoints, with the Administrator’s approval, a nurse to act in his/her behalf during temporary absences. Designates a nurse in charge each shift.
15. Acts on behalf of the Administrator in his/her absence.
16. Establishes procedures to ensure that nursing personnel, including private duty nursing staff, have valid and current licenses as required by federal and state regulations.
17. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
18. Maintains high visibility with residents in the Health Center. Makes frequent tours of resident rooms to ensure quality of care on all shifts and the general safety of the Health Center environment.
19. Attends Health Center and community resident social functions, as appropriate.
20. Evaluates admissions for appropriate level of care and/or for Medicare coverage/denial. Ensure maintenance of the Medicare log, signatures for certifications/recertification, and Medicare documentation.
21. Approves orders all nursing supplies, office supplies and equipment for the Health Center. Submits quarterly inventory to financial services department.
22. Routinely inspects medical records for accuracy.
23. Serves “on call” on weekends and after normal working hours.
24. Serves as Manager on Duty on scheduled weekends, as needed.
Call Bill for Fast Results and more info at 800-736-9490!
Wouldn’t it be nice to Interview Directly with the hiring Authority
And not H.R. while like Sports Agents Search One will
Negotiate better Salaries and Employment Packages!!!
We have personal contacts with our clients which results in faster and better offers!