This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position. Typically that includes teaching 45 credits and participating in departmental and college-wide activities. Salary is based on the negotiated faculty salary schedule. Initial placement typically ranges from $52,540 to $62,685 (depending on the candidate's qualifications) for a 9 month contract (170 instructional days).
ANTICIPATED DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: September 19, 2018
PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
To ensure full review of your application, materials should be received by 4:00 pm, February 08, 2018.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITITES:
Teaching: Teach a range of core nursing courses, including clinical rotations, in the associate degree registered nursing program (teaching assignment may include evening/weekend, online, hybrid, and off campus sections), advise students in college success strategies, mastery of course content, and developing/monitoring their academic and career plans.
Service: Engage in department, division and college initiatives; participate in shared governance; promote the college's values and perform other contracted duties (for example, advising and community outreach) as required.
Professional development: Maintain competence in teaching and the discipline through professional development.
FACULTY-WIDE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
At Highline, successful faculty applicants demonstrate the ability to promote:
Active, inclusive and culturally relevant learning environments and curricula that welcome and engage all students, incorporating instructional technologies as appropriate to improve student attainment.
Cultural responsiveness and a commitment to equity in interactions with students, faculty, staff and community members who span a diverse range of languages, nationalities and ethnicities, socio-economic levels, identities and educational experiences.
Collaborative approaches to day-to-day activities, to the development of innovations and new initiatives and, when necessary, to problem-solving.
Self-reflection practice in teaching and learning, assessment, leadership, professional development and service.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Your online application must include the following four attachments to be considered complete:
1. A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position.
2. A letter of application (two-page maximum) that addresses your ability to meet the FACULTY-WIDE SKILLS AND ABILITIES for appointment and, to the extent applicable, the DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS of the position. Please include in your letter lower-division undergraduate courses taught, and number of times taught.
3. A one-page response to the DIVERSITY STATEMENT found in the Supplemental Tab above.
4. Transcripts documenting undergraduate and graduate course work and degrees (unofficial transcripts may be submitted – official transcripts required upon employment).
Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university and from a nursing education program that is accredited by a nursing education accreditation body recognized by the United States Department of Education;
(2) A bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university and from a nursing education program that is accredited by a nursing education accreditation body recognized by the United States Department of Education, and a graduate degree in a health or education related field from an accredited college or university.(WAC 246-840-526)
• Two years of professional experience as a registered nurse; AND
• Current, unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington State
Des Moines, Washington , 98198
$52,540 to $62,685
Mar 5th, 2018