Location: Vail, Colorado
Operating Room Registered Nurse Top Reasons To Work Here:
Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package
Enjoy every full season mother nature has to offer
Enjoy being in lakes in the summertime and on lakes in the winter
Enjoy one the more free states in the US
Year round outdoor recreational activities
Equal opportunity employer
Operating Room Registered Nurse Job Summary:
SURGICAL SERVICES POSITION PURPOSE: This position assumes responsibility and accountability for providing nursing care for patients and their families. Assure expert, compassionate, individualized nursing care for patients and families is expected. They collaborate with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Maximum of ten functions in order of percentage of time spent on functions from longest to shortest; do not list anything that does not represent at least 10% of the job’s time. Please include supervisory responsibilities.
1. Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
2. Demonstrates ability to triage incoming patient requests for services.
3. Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
4. Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statue.
5. Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills.
6. Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information and assistance.
7. Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
8. C oordinates patient care with other physician practices, VVMC and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
9. Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
10. Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based C are to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant. This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Operating Room Registered Nurse Other:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements - Required and/or Experience: One-year OR experience is a must. License(s): Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado Registered Nurse license. Certification(s): Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association. Computer / Ty ping: Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for jobspecific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS It is common to encounter potential hazards in the healthcare environment. Some of these hazards could include, but are not limited to: radiation, toxic chemicals, biological hazards, heat, noise, dust and stress. VVMC has a Safety Management program in place addressing these issues. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to: Sit: - 10% Stand: - 25% Walk: - 15% Run: - N/A Squat: - 10% Bend: - 5% Twist: - 5% Lift: - 10% Kneel: - 10% Drive: - N/A C limb: - N/A C rawl: - N/A Reach above shoulder: - 10% Other: - N/A
SENSORY REQUIREMENT: Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. Up to 10 lbs - Frequent (34-66%) Up to 20 lbs - Frequent (34-66%) Up to 35 lbs - Frequent (34-66%) Up to 50 lbs - Occasional (1-33%) Up to 75 lbs - Not Required Up to 100 lbs - Not Required Over 100 lbs - Not Required
AGE SPECIFIC POPULATIONS: Neonatal/Infant (0-11 months) - Required Pediatrics (1-12 years) - Required Adolescence (13-17 years) - Required Young adult/Adult (18-64 years) - Required Adult/Middle-ages (65-79 years) - Required Geriatric (80+ years) - Required NATURE AND SCOPE: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the functions of this position. Communicates effectively, clearly and timely. The incumbent must be able to come to work promptly and routinely in order to begin the job functions at the start of the scheduled shift to impact the patients’ healthcare experience. Ability to care for oneself; perform manual tasks; see, speak, breath, learn, read, concentrate, think, communicate, and work are essential to perform this role in the organization. Ability to work under stress and to deadline while working (independently or) with others. This position does provide patient care.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge that I have read and understand the position description. I hereby acknowledge that I currently hold, or will obtain within the amount of time specified, all required licensure and certifications listed in the minimum requirements section of the position description. I understand that it is my responsibility to maintain the required licensure and certifications (as applicable). It is further understood that the position description may be modified at any time to reflect changes necessary in departmental and/or organizational needs. Surgeries: Mostly Orthopedics Some plastics and general 4 ORS We pay based on experience and maintaining internal equity. Applicants are required to take call and we pay $10/hour for call.
***$10,000.00 Sign Bonus & Relocation***
Job Opening ID: ZR_919_JOB
Account Manager: Debi Monteros
Operating Room Registered Nurse Experience:
One-year OR experience is a must.
Operating Room Registered Nurse Qualifications & Education:
- BSN Required
Vail, Colorado , 81658
Aug 7th, 2017