Since 1951 the VNA has been delivering Home Healthcare services for people living throughout Monterey and San Benito Counties as well as the southern portions of both Santa Cruz and Santa Clara Counties. Today the Central Coast VNA & Hospice continues its tradition as the premier provider of Home Healthcare and Hospice services.
This position is located in Salinas (our Hospice location) Monterey Bay. It is Part time (2-3 days/week) plus some weekends.Needs to be able to work weekend rotation.
• Under the direction of a Registered nurse, this position is responsible for collecting patient data and performing new patient intake procedures.
• Participates in identifying appropriate candidates for home care services, and contributes to the evaluation of patients referred for treatment.
• Executes department processes which may include obtaining initial and ongoing insurance/managed care benefits from insurance providers, data entry, and other tasks as directed within the LVN Scope of Practice.
• Accepts other referrals from patients, families, hospitals, physicians and other referral services when requested.
• Demonstrates and provides excellent customer service to referral sources, patients, and family members.
• Develops and maintains rapport with members of the medical community.
• Monitors the progress of the referral through the Patient Care Planning system, and reports to the RN when changes in information, and data received may impact the intake and referral process.
Graduation from a school of nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing. Possession of a valid and current license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California.At least one year of experience preferred. Knowledge of reimbursement criteria for home health care. Knowledge of community resources.
Current California drivers license and car insurance. Ability to read maps. Strong communication skills. Commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to care. Reliable vehicle. Ability to operate required equipment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with MS Office programs required, and experience with other patient data management systems preferred.
• For our full time employees: Employer pays 100% of premiums for full time staff for medical, vision, dental and term life insurance starting the first of the month after 60 day waiting period. Employee pays dependent coverage.
• For our full time employees: 240 hours of PTO can be earned annually starting the first of the month after 60 day waiting period. Can begin using PTO as soon as earned.
• Employee can start fully vested contributions immediately for 403(B) plan. Employer contributions of 3% begin after 1 year and 1,000 hours worked, no matching required.
Job type: Part Time
The Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice is dedicated to providing the highest quality health care to residents to the Central Coast by meeting their individual needs in a ethical, effective, caring and fiscally responsible manner.