Greencroft Goshen is part of Greencroft Communities, a faith based, non-profit provider of senior housing, services and programs throughout northern Indiana, Michigan, and in Ohio. In keeping with its Mennonite values and high standards of care, Greencroft is committed to creating dynamic communities that embrace the creativity, contributions, and challenges of aging for all. With annual revenue of $90 million, the organization is home to over 2,400 residents and employs a dedicated team of over 1,300 staff members.
Greencroft Goshen is seeking a Director of Nursing for our Health Care Facility.
Responsibilities include management and administration of all nursing services in our 233-bed Skilled Nursing Facility; including budget and labor management, planning and development of nursing services, management of staff, and the delivery of high-quality nursing care that meets the needs and wants or our residents.
The Director of Nursing works under the general direction of the Health Care Administrator, leads and coaches ADON and team leaders who work directly with staff to ensure proper completion of tasks and adherence to safety standards and in accordance with federal and state regulations while maintaining quality and compliance with standards of care. Oversees hiring of Nursing Staff, schedules, assigns, and reviews work; determines and maintains appropriate staffing levels; provides work instruction and training to employees; effectively recommends and carries through with discipline as needed; evaluates and addresses employee complaints and grievances; implements, and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
Qualified candidate must have excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team. A broad knowledge of applicable health and nursing home regulations, and ability to work with physicians, nurses, other health care providers, family members, and elders to ensure quality of care.
Greencroft Goshen adopted the vision to provide long-term care nursing services to residents in a small house/household environment. To that end, Greencroft Goshen constructed, in 2015, a new 66 bed facility with four households to complement the existing long-term care facility still in operation today for a total healthcare operation of 233 beds. Planning is underway to renovate the remaining beds into households, or to construct additional households. The new Director of Nursing will be an integral part in this planning and visioning to bring all of healthcare under the household model and philosophy of care and service to our residents.
Greencroft Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Please send all resumes to: Trinity.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Licensed and Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, preferred
• Five or more years of experience working in a Long-Term Care Facility in a Leadership or Management capacity with a similar organization.
• Household/Small House Concept experience preferred – Change agent to champion transition of entire healthcare facility to household model.
Skills and Requirements
• Familiarity with aging and long-term care issues.
• Organizational skills and understanding of multi-department facility operations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexible, adaptable and possesses good judgment and sensitivity to individual and organizational concerns.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Share in weekend coverage program for Greencroft Goshen.
Goshen, Indiana , 46526
May 31st, 2019