Bassett Healthcare Network
Endocrine Nurse Clinician
Are you looking to make a difference by improving the health of our patients? Bassett Medical Center is a proud affiliate of the Bassett Healthcare Network, an innovative and unique health care system that connects comprehensive care and services to people living throughout a 5,600-square-mile area of Central New York.
The Endocrine Nurse Clinician functions as a team member of the Endocrine Division and the Medical Clinic delivering nursing care to patients with endocrine related diseases. The position acts as an expert resource in the field on endocrinology, performs assessments and direct patient care, triages patients, contributes to the education of family, community and hospital staff as appropriate, and participates in medical and nursing research. The Nurse Clinician works closely with the Manager and Division Chief on issues such as quality assurance and equipment ordering. This individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served and demonstrate the ability to assess data reflective of the patients’ status, identify each patient’s requirements relevant to his or her specific needs, and provide appropriate care.
1. Provides care to patients primarily in the outpatient setting utilizing principles of nursing process to meet patient specific needs.
2. Collects patient health data and reviews with Physicians as appropriate.
3. Conducts, coordinates, and assists in outpatient diagnostic tests, treatments, injections, and procedures.
4. Performs and documents Point of Care (POC) testing and quality control in accordance with established laboratory policies and procedures.
5. Analyzes assessment data in determining diagnosis and identifies expected outcomes individualized to a patient.
6. Explains treatments and procedures and answers patient questions.
7. Participates in the development of patient teaching materials.
8. Advises modifications of self-care within a treatment plan and refers to physicians.
9. Acts as an expert in the field of Endocrinology, overseeing the clinical orientation of new nursing and support staff and arranging for in-service training as appropriate.
10. Works with the Nursing Supervisor and Division Manager to assure compliance with all outside accrediting and regulatory agency codes and standards.
11. Works directly with the Nursing Supervisor, Division Manager, and Division Chief to implement quality assurance and risk management activities and practices.
12. Provides teaching and consultative services to nurses, other health professionals, community health providers, and participates in public education, as time permits.
13. Assists Division Manager with financial accountability including oversight of equipment ordering and maintenance processes and department billing.
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
• Life insurance and disability protection
• Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
Bassett Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.
Bassett Healthcare Network
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.