Job Description Summary
The RN Nurse Case Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately. The RN Nurse Case Manager is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately and for the supervision of clinical personnel.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed. Conferences with MEDICAL DIRECTOR regarding any questions about an individual’s eligibility for services.
2. Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such as home visits, conferences, record review and the services provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services; and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
3. Reviews patient’s medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
4. Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
5. Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
6. Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services and hospice personnel.
7. Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
8. Assists Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services and other supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs. Assists in the formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short and long range.
9. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
10. Assesses health needs of community and assists in the development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the organization’s role as an effective member of the hospice and health care delivery system. Promotes customer service orientation to all hospice personnel.
11. Participates actively in quality assessment performance improvement program.
12. Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Graduate of National League of Nursing accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree is preferred or a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a professional nurse within the last three (3) years.
3. Previous experience in hospice/home care setting and with two years management or supervisory experience. Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
6. Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
8. Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
9. Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
West Hollywood, California , 90048
$75K to $90K a year
Jun 8th, 2021