The Registered Nurse provides hospice care and serves as case manager for assigned patients. Works with IDT to develop and implement hospice plan of care. Supervises Care Partners and LPNs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Using nursing process and current standards of practice provides nursing care to assigned patients.
2. In collaboration with IDT, patient, and family, establishes and implements hospice plan of care.
3. Anticipates the need for and initiates interventions to prevent complications and to alleviate physical and psychological discomfort.
4. Organizes and completes work in an effective and time efficient manner.
5. Notifies Medical Director/designee and IDT of patient needs and/or changes in
6. Provides and maintains safe environment for patients, families, and other
7. Completes documentation per procedure and standards of practice including
initial nursing assessment.
8. Provide emotional support to patients and their families.
9. Administer medications as ordered.
10. Educates patients and/or families in disease process, hospice care, and
signs/symptoms of approaching death.
11. Implements and follows physician orders.
12. Notifies Charge Nurse of significant changes in patient condition and any
13. Gives complete report to the next shift.
14. Reports complaints, issues, and incidents to Charge Nurse, Clinical Director or
15. Delivers care in a cost efficient manner.
16. Attends patient deaths.
17. Supervises LPNs; serves as a resource for LPNs and other RNs.
18. Works to ensure continuity of care with other shifts and home care team.
19. Supervises Care Partners; ensures hospice standards of practice are followed
while providing personal care, hospice plan of care is followed, infection control practices are followed, documentation is complete, safety practices are followed, and call lights are answered promptly.
20. Orients new staff.
Job Description – Registered Nurse - IPU
21. Performs as a Charge Nurse when designated by the Clinical Director or IPU Administrator.
22. Other duties as assigned.
Direct supervisor of Care Partners and LPNs.
The agency requires this position to complete 15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
Required skills & experience
1. Registered Nurse with current nursing licensure (TN)
2. Knowledge of or willingness to learn hospice care
3. Minimum one-year nursing practice or equivalent experience required
4. Hospice, Oncology, MedSurg, Cardiac and/or long-term care strongly preferred
Murfreesboro, Tennessee , 37129
$26-$30 per hour DOE
Jul 28th, 2020