Assist Physicians with providing nursing care services to clients and maintaining standards of quality care. This may include but is not limited to prescribing of medical treatment to ill and injured clients, administering PFTs, Audiograms, Visual Acuity testing, Phlebotomy, Ekgs, drug screen collections, medications, respiratory fit testing, strength testing, assists MD with treadmills, Flex Sigmoidoscopy. May administer X-rays as directed by a physician if trained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides prescribed medical treatment to ill and injured clients.
• Administers PFTs, Audiograms, Visual Acuity testing, Phlebotomy, Ekgs, drug screen collections, medications, wound care, respiratory fit testing, strength testing, assists MD with treadmills, Flex Sigmoidoscopy.
• Sterilization of instruments, equipment, general cleaning maintenance in compliance with universal precautions.
• Assists physicians.
• Applies compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
• May administer X-rays as directed by a physician if trained.
• Maintain standards of quality care.
• Administers Morgan Lens - fluorescein.
• Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from clients for testing and performs Multistix test.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Skill in exercising initiative and judgment.
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
• Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally.
• Excellent people skills. Ability to motivate, cooperate with and work effectively with others.
• Knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of health care administration, center philosophy, and policies and operating procedures.
R. N.; COHN, B.S.N. preferred.
Previous experience in Occupational Health is preferred.
Registered Nurse, Licensed in the Center's state; Audiometric Certification, Spirometry-NIOSH Course Certification; Breath Alcohol Technician Certification; maintains up-to-date CPR certification/CPR Instructor.
Mendota Heights, Minnesota , 55120
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Jul 27th, 2017