Community Leadership Academy Inc
School Registered Nurse
School Registered Nurses with sign-on bonus
$1,500 sign-on bonus!
195 workdays + 11 paid holidays $67,897.00
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
We are seeking two full-time school registered nurses whose talent will increase capacity to provide care for student health and reduce the impacts of COVID-19 through professionally focused efforts on protecting the health and safety of school community members and successfully keep schools open for in-person learning while responding to the growing needs of students with chronic conditions.
We are looking for individuals interested in being an important part of our PK-12 organization, which includes two campuses in Commerce City, Colorado, Community Leadership Academy PK-5 and Victory Preparatory Academy 6-12, serving approximately 725 students.
• Provide first aid care and health assessment;
• Write care plans and coordinate the care of students with chronic or acute health conditions;
• Communicate with teachers and staff to ensure the safety and well-being of students;
• Administer medications and monitor delegated medication administration;
• Assist in the evaluation of students for Special Services (Special Education);
• Coordinate and provide vision and hearing screenings;
• Assist families in accessing health insurance and health care services; and
• Educate and train staff on: asthma, life threatening allergies, diabetes, and blood borne pathogens.
• Increasing the monitoring, promotion, and education for proper mask usage, handwashing, social distancing, gathering protocols, and other safeguards
• Increasing school capacity to test staff, students, and families for COVID-19 on-site
• Increasing tracking, contact tracing, and follow-up care for families suffering from illness related to COVID-19, including isolation and quarantine guidance and compliance
• Increasing procurement of Personal Protective Equipment (including obtaining donations or free resources – reducing the financial impacts of COVID-19)
• Increasing support to MTSS / Special Education collaboration with health plans and identifying possible related impacts of COVID-19 and chronic health conditions
• Increasing overall Colorado state immunization promotion, education, and access, including COVID-19 vaccinations for ages 5+
• Increasing dissemination of resources and information to all stakeholders
Paid Time Off = 7 days annually
Offering: Health, Dental, Vision, Short/long-term Disability, and Life
Retirement: PERA (Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association) 401K option
Community Leadership Academy and Victory Preparatory Academy are located, minutes apart, just north of downtown Denver in Commerce City, Colorado. As a community located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain area and just a short 15-minute drive to the heart of downtown Denver, Commerce City has easy access to all the conveniences of a metropolitan city with the small-town feel.
It is the policy of Community Leadership Academy/Victory Preparatory Academy to provide equal opportunity under the law with respect to all programs, activities and employment, and to prohibit discrimination on any basis protected by law, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Community Leadership Academy Inc
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.