Registered Nurse Opportunity with Passages
Passages is the industry leader in holistic, non-12 Step drug and alcohol addiction treatment. The innovative and passionate team at Passages have been successfully treating thousands of people dependent on drugs and alcohol. We are looking for dedicated, passionate, and caring people who want to be part of a team that heals, inspires, and changes lives. We currently have openings for RN’s in both our Malibu and Ventura area Residential Treatment Centers.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for managing the individualized patient care by promoting and restoring patients' health through the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. The registered nurse provides leadership and oversight for nursing and client support in the absence of an administrator. We are welcoming to recent RN graduates who wish to gain experience working in a drug rehab.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for clinical and administrative tasks that are focused on providing high quality client care..
· Oversees nursing staff for the duration of the assigned work period.
· Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
· Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and re- prioritizes care accordingly.
· Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
· Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by a physician in an accurate and timely manner.
· Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and his/her family.
· Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence to specific patient populations according to individualized needs.
· Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the patient and his/her family.
· Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
· Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
· Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
· Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
· Collects and labels specimens as ordered by physician (blood, stool, sputum, vomitus, urine) from patients for testing following client facility’s policies, procedures and protocols.
· Maintains current competency in nursing specialty by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and/or participating in professional societies.
· Maintains effective and open channels of communication and cooperation with other members of the nursing department, provider and interdisciplinary team in the service of providing effective safe care to the client.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum 1 year of nursing experience in AOD treatment or mental health preferred but not required. We are welcome to recent RN graduates who wish to gain experience.
Other related duties as assigned
Current CA License as a RN in good standing
Current BLS and First Aid
Current and valid CA Drivers license.
Port Hueneme, California , 93041
$30 - $35 per hour depending on experience
Dec 13th, 2018