OASIS Specialist and Coordinator (RN)
Identifies and has responsibilities for the performance improvement activities within the agency and the integration of these into practice:
- Focus on areas of improvement as delineated in OBQI/OBQM
- Conducts OASIS integrity reports for the CHHA.
- Analyzes data, investigates outliers and reports to appropriate person.
- Identifies need for PI projects to improve problematic areas and communicate to appropriate person.
- Provides education in the development of Oasis integration and its impact on patient care and agency functions
- Provides Oasis Accuracy consultations and education to supervisory staff and/ through home visits to patients.
Oversees compliance of documentation requirements for the agency regarding best practices and timeliness, including accurate use of ICD-10 coding regulations:
- Reviews and monitors Start of Care OASIS for accuracy completed by all clinicians including results of McBee reviews.
- Reviews Plan of Cares for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews Recertifications, Resumptions of Care, Discharge and Transfer OASIS.
- Reviews Care Plans for accuracy and completeness.
- Tracks and trends review results by clinician forwarding to Clinical Manager and Director of Operations.
- Educates clinicians as necessary based upon outcomes of reviews.
- Participates in ongoing staff education along with staff development coordinator.
- Conferences/educates clinicians re: trended deficiencies and propose Performance Improvement projects with goals to improve outcomes of reviews.
- Functions as a resource person to all clinicians regarding documentation requirements.
- Assists in ongoing education and support of clinical staff in the accurate completion of the OASIS and supportive documentation at all time points.
- Serves as a resource for clinicians and clerical staff for troubleshooting documentation related problems such as date errors, order conflicts, and OASIS errors.
- Serves as an assessor of and mentor clinicians in the field regarding nursing and home care principles/ competency. May serve as a preceptor of new staff during orientation, or existing staff who are experiencing difficulties mastering core concepts.
- Completes hospitalization and death at home audits utilizing internal tool designated for same. Tracks and trends result which are presented to management staff and QAPI Committee.
- Participates in QAPI Quarterly Meetings, providing feedback on outcomes and suggestions for improvements.
- Participates in new employee orientation/ education.
- Facilitates and participates in care management meetings for clinical staff.
- Administers PPDs and Influenza vaccinations to employees and volunteers, as needed. Administers Influenza vaccinations to any walk-in public.
Bassett Healthcare Network
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.