At Matrix Providers - You come first. Always.
Your success is the focus of our entire business.
We are hiring for a qualified civilian Ophthalmology Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH), Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
• Status: Full-Time, Mon-Fri
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401K Plan
The Ophthalmology Technician must have the following qualifications:
• Degree/Education: Greater than 3 years as a COA/COT/COMT, performing functions such as the following: visual acuity, color vision testing, automated visual fields, topography, application tonometry, slit lamp photography, and assisting in surgical procedures.
• Experience: A basic knowledge of ocular physiology, anatomy, pathology, optics, refraction and contact lens principles. A basic knowledge of ophthalmic procedures, instrumentation, and techniques as related to the field of eye care. An expertise in refractive surgery to include familiarity and certification on the allegretto and/or VISX excimer laser systems, PRK and LASIK, patient selection, and care of refractive surgery patients. Shall have the ability to function independently and manage a busy caseload of two or three patients simultaneously. Shall demonstrate ability in the areas of interpersonal relations, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
•Certifications in addition to BLS: Certification as a) a COA, b) a COT, c) a COMT as determined by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel. Shall have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Certificated through the American Heart Association/American Red Cross.
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Alexandria, Virginia , 22206
Matrix Providers, Inc.
Jul 23rd, 2021