- Level: Entry
- Job Location: 535 BUSHWICK AVENUE - BROOKLYN, NY
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: Home Health Aide Certification required
- Job Shift: Flexible schedule
- Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Home Health Aide (HHA) will provide quality personal care and designated health related services to the client in the client’s home as specified by the plan of care and in compliance with standard precautions and according to the established policies, procedures and objectives of the organization. Homecare workers must strictly adhere to the RiseBoro Homecare’s policy, procedures, job description and to the client’s Plan of Care. Specific Duties and responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain effective communication and professionalism in all job-related activities.
- Promote client’s mental alertness through conversation, reading, games and other activities and provides reality orientation for confused clients.
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all clients, health care staff and documentation. Direction from the Care Coordinator or Supervising Nurse must be sought when or if asked to share any client’s information with outside parties.
- Assist clients with personal care activities in accordance with the Plan of Care including:
- Feeding – Serve meals and assist in feeding.
- Ambulation and Transfer – Assist the client in and out of bed to chair or wheelchair; help with going outdoors and doctor’s appointments; other assistance with ambulation; provide safety supervision to prevent falls.
- Bathing – Assist client with bathing and washing in bed, tubs or shower.
- Toileting – Assist client with use of toilet, commode, bedpan or urinal.
- Dressing – Assist client with clothing.
- Personal Grooming – Assist client with care of hair, shaving, and ordinary care of nails (nail cutting is not permitted) and brushing teeth.
- Summoning Emergency Assistance – In an emergency situation call 911 immediately or as soon as possible.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed in accordance to the Plan of Care.
The following must be reported to Care Coordinator immediately or as soon as possible:
- Any change in a client’s health status or mental condition.
- Any client hospitalization or other absence from their home that prevents service from being provided there.
- Inability to gain entry to a client’s home.
- All client falls or accidents whether or not the client is injured (when the office is closed, notify our “On-Call Emergency Service” and inform the Care Coordinator the next business day).
- Absence or lateness from work (when the office is closed, notify our “On-Call Emergency Service”).
- HHA should notify us of all the above occurrences even if not present when they occur.
- HHA’s are required to notify Care Coordinator as well as the client’s family members or contacts.
- When arriving to or from an assignment, HHA must check on the client to best insure they are not in distressed or in a condition that does not appear to be normal for them. It is not acceptable for a client or their family to tell a HHA not to disturb a client when arriving or leaving. If this presents a problem, HHA must a call their Care Coordinator so they can review this responsibility with them.
- Under all circumstances, HHA must call 911 without hesitation if a client is in distress or in need of immediate help.
Meal Planning and Preparation:
- Perform meal planning and preparation as per the specific needs of the client.
Marketing and Errands:
- Perform marketing and errands as per the specific needs of the client.
- These tasks may include any of the following to maintain the home’s clean and orderly appearance for the client’s health and comfort.
- Kitchen: Sweep and wash floors, wax if time permits; defrost and clean refrigerator, maintain proper storage cabinet and arrange contents for accessibility.
- Participate in case conferences with the health care team as appropriate when directed by RBHC.
Maintain and enhance skills through attending applicable staff development program and in-service trainings.
- Observe and report client’s incidents and/or concerns that impact on the client’s care and well-being.
- Employ principles of Infection Control and Standard Precautions.
- Recognize emergencies and follow RiseBoro Homecare procedures appropriately,
Complies with agency confidentiality policies and demonstrates an understanding of clients’ rights.
- Appearance must be neat and professional and complies with RiseBoro Homecare dress code.
- Assignments must be performed with reliability and punctuality.
- Adhere to the RiseBoro Homecare annual competencies requirements (in-service training, annual physical examination and yearly evaluation).
Home Health Aide Certification
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- 1199 SEIU benefits
- Commuter Benefit Plan (pre-tax benefit)
- Cash referral program
- 1-Month Free Unlimited Metrocard
- Working Advantage access (discounted marketplace)
- Enhanced training
- Branded scrubs
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Dedicated COVID safety team
- Strong and supportive leadership
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.
Home Health Aide Certification
New York City (All 5 boroughs), New York , 11206
$15 - $16 / hour
Oct 13th, 2021