Full-time and Part-time shifts available!
Full-time positions are eligible for benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan
The LVN, Willow Tree Inn will function as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and provide site based therapeutic and intervention services to individuals experiencing homelessness that are high acuity due to medical and mental health issues. The LVN will take assume responsibility for addressing medication and health issues in the program and ensure that high quality nursing services is provided. These service include medication management, medical assessment, and follow up regarding medical appointments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive, integrated care to
individuals experiencing homelessness, mental illness and substance addiction
2. Complete medical assessment upon admission to program
3. Coordinate PCP appointments or other medical follow ups appointments
4. Provide medical case management and supportive services to individuals assigned
5. Provide wound care to members as needed
6. Document and chart all services provided in appropriate charting form with accuracy and
in real time
7. Provide medication management to individuals including but not limited to medication
monitoring, patient teaching, and supportive services to increase compliance with
8. Work in collaboration with the rest of the team, and assist with any medical and / or
9. Work in collaboration with other agency and program staff, in order to coordinate services
10. Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external programs on behalf of
clients to ensure continuity of care
11. Maintain medication logs and medication storage in compliance with safety standards and
industry standards of care
12. Provide crisis intervention assistance when needed
13. Triage to appropriate community agency in an emergency (i.e., police, paramedics, fire
14. Maintain open communication with direct supervisor and leadership team
15. Cooperatively and cohesively work with all other providers (internal or external) involved
in clients care
16. Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and weekly individual supervision
17. Ensure that medical services are reflective of the agency’s treatment model, which
emphasizes member choice, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and psycho-social
18. Conduct Health/Wellness and medication management groups
19. Maintain confidentiality at all times per HIPAA and all applicable guidelines
20. Assist members with becoming involved in daily activities, socialization, health
maintenance, sense of community
1. Current, California license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse with a clear license.
2. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
3. Minimum one years’ experience working with individuals experiencing chronic
homelessness, mental health, and substance abuse issues
4. Experience completing DHS documentation
5. Able to physically lift, move, and position members as needed.
6. Experience completing medication logs to accepted industry standards.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database applications.
8. Detail oriented with excellent time management, organizational, written, verbal,
interpersonal, and computer skills.
9. Valid CA Driver’s license, reliable car, auto insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
10. Able to obtain and maintain CPR/1st Aid certification.
Compton, California , 90221
The People Concern
Nov 13th, 2020