The surgical technician, under the guidance of the registered nurse, is responsible for the care and safety of the patients who come under his or her care. Included within this assignment is the responsibility of ensuring effective communication between him or herself, the OR Specialty and Nurse Manager, the patient, other staff, physicians, and other hospital departments.
- Surgical Technologist understands and demonstrates the knowledge of surgical procedures. Assure all supplies and equipment are available for the procedure and in working condition. Confirm and/or assemble sterile instruments for use correctly. Anticipate the needs of the surgeon. They assist in keeping an accurate account of medications, sharps, instruments, and sponges. They are responsible for maintaining and monitoring the sterile field.
- Prepare all tools and equipment needed prior to a procedure
- Make sure all equipment used is sterile
- Help the physician "scrub" prior to an operation
- Make sure the patient is properly positioned and comfortable during the procedure
- Assist the surgeon during an operation
- Disinfect all the equipment and tools used after the surgery
- Clean the operating room after the procedure.
- 2 Years of Experience - Required
- NBSTSA - Required
- NH Med Tech - Required
- BLS - Required