ECHO is a nonprofit that provides lifelong support for adults with disabilities. The LIFE+ Day Support Program offers person-centered support that maintains and enhances the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional abilities of participants with significant support needs.
Under the supervision of the Director of Day Support, the RN is responsible for providing clinical oversight and hands-on support for the LIFE+ Day Support Program. Consults with families, support coordinators, physicians, and residential providers to ensure a comprehensive, personalized program. Maintains ECHO’s compliance with all Federal, State, and local program requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring medical support needs are met for all ECHO participants. Ensures that all pertinent medical information is received and remains current.
• Works cooperatively with Director of Day Support and LIFE+ Program Coordinator (PC) to ensure daily operations of LIFE+ program are run efficiently and in accordance with all regulatory requirements and safety, health, and agency protocols and policies
• Conducts assessments, evaluation, case management, program planning, report writing and dissemination, staff competency evaluations, and other duties
• Is responsible for training for licensed professionals and direct support staff regarding medical needs, seizure awareness, personal care, and outcomes of participants
• Ensures nursing coverage at all times for agency
• Participates in PCISP meetings and develops and implements PCISP Part V as it relates to medical needs of participants in LIFE+ and LIFE Day Support Programs (includes individual protocols and Skilled Nursing and Private Duty Nursing plans)
• Provides guidance for program staff regarding proper implementation and documentation of participant programs related to medical needs and protocols
• Assists as needed in the daily care of program participants, including but not limited to: catheterizations, assessments, treatments, feedings, changing, transportation, and documents accordingly
• Responsible for overall document and record integrity, including but not limited to: daily notes, nursing notes, Vertex, attendance, participant plans, consents, physicals etc.
• Participates in Admission/Intake assessment meetings for LIFE+ participants
• Assists with planning and implementing meaningful activities for participants, including community and cross-cultural activities
• Provides first aid and medical supervision to meet the ongoing and emergency medical needs of all ECHO program participants.
• Dispenses (or coordinates administration of) all prescribed medications for participants in accordance with the State of Virginia regulations
• Completes monthly MARS and seizure records as required
• May provide training for ECHO staff in the state-approved Medication Administration course and/or CPR, First Aid, AED, and other required training
• Acts as a liaison with area physicians, local health centers, case managers, support coordinators, families, rehabilitative professionals, and other service providers to assure a coordinated system of medical services and treatment plans for all ECHO program participants, as needed
• Manages Medicaid service authorizations in WAMS and rectifies all WAMS issues and denials for Skilled Nursing, Private Duty Nursing and Medical needs support plans. Provides info to the Finance Department as required
• Provides crisis intervention, as needed
• Performs additional related job duties as assigned
• Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Virginia.
• Proven ability to assess medical situations and intervene appropriately.
• Knowledge of the implications of various disabling conditions.
• Experience working with regulatory agencies and funding sources.
• Thorough knowledge of support services for individuals served in LIFE+ program as relates to group day support models, training techniques used with individuals with disabilities, evaluation processes, and the ability to develop and implement Individual Service Plans.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with program participants, families, regulatory, and other agency representatives and internal staff.
• Proven ability to operate and train on use of rehabilitation equipment including wheelchair securement, lifts, etc.
• Generally knowledgeable of individuals’ verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Excellent time management
• Commitment to ECHO’s core values
This position provides clinical oversight of program staff
This job operates as a day support program in a space that is at times shared with other ECHO programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, push a wheelchair with the rider, and lift up to 50 pounds.
This is a full-time position of typically 40 hours per week.
Getting fingerprints done and taking a drug and alcohol test off-site at hire is required. Additionally, random drug tests could potentially require a repeat off-site drug test one or more times throughout length of employment.
• Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in Virginia
• 3-5 years experience as an RN
• Associate degree in science or related
• Available Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 or 8:30 to 5:00, and occasionally between 6:30am and 6:30pm to cover transportation
ECHO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information & testing, marital status, military status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. ECHO is a member of DHS e-verify program.
Leesburg, Virginia , 20175
$36.00 - $40.00 per hour
Oct 13th, 2021