The Vice President of Quality is responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing all aspects of the quality assurance and performance improvement program within the organization. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Quality will be responsible for the development of an integrated approach to quality and patient safety across the organization as well as all facets of Quality Management, Risk Management, Medical Staff Services, and Patient Safety. In this regard, s/he will have responsibility for facilitating and coordinating activities in: 1) clinical excellence and patient safety; 2) process improvement and outcomes management; and 3) regulatory readiness. The VP will serve as an expert resource within the facility related to clinical quality, patient safety, regulatory and performance improvement issues, and activities related to accreditation. S/he will serve as a member of the senior leadership team and will provide support to the Quality Committee, Medical Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees.
Minimum: Registered Nurse License
MUST BE A RN
Minimum: Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Preferred: Master’s Degree and CPHQ Certification preferred.
1. 3-5 years experience in quality management.
2. Hospital management of 3-5 years in dealing with both internal and external customers, medical staff and patients/families.
Reports to the CMO and Division VP of Quality
The VPQ will have a lot of work with the CMO, especially medical staff partnerships. MD relations and driving change important.Work on a just culture is a plus as we reshape quality from reactive to proactive.
Supervises – Staff assigned to Quality Management, Risk Management, Medical Staff Services, and Patient Safety programs, and others as may be determined at the time.
1. Professional knowledge of nursing theory, practice and administration in order to oversee planning and implementation of care and analytical skills necessary to prepare analyses, reports, policies and budgets at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or in a health-related program.
2. Excellent project and people management/interpersonal skills including conflict resolution.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS / PARTNERSHIPS IN CARING:
Maintains the highest standards of conduct in compliance with the Hospital Customer Relations / Partnerships in Caring policy in interactions with patients, patient’s families, co-workers, medical staff, community members and any others. These expectations consist of the following guidelines:
1. HOSPITALITY: Addresses all customers with the highest level of hospitality. Always uses a friendly greeting. Looks for opportunities to be helpful and considerate. Communicates clearly and openly. Practices courteous telephone etiquette.
2. EXCELLENCE: Performs all duties with a dedication to excellence. Provides services that is of value to the customer, and attempts to exceed customer’s expectations.
3. APPEARANCE: Uses moderation in dress and maintains personal cleanliness at all times. Has awareness and takes responsibility for the cleanliness of work areas, patient rooms, departments and entire hospital.
4. ATTITUDE: Smiles readily and maintains a positive, “can do” attitude. Refrains from complaining to patients, families and visitors. Is caring and compassionate in all interactions.
5. RESPECT: Maintains a sense of self-respect and personal empowerment. Provides compassionate care with respect for human dignity. Develops mutual trust in all interactions. Uses self control at all times. Maintains confidentiality at all times. Anticipates the needs of customers.
Salary: $170-$200 - Salary is based on experience. Will consider up to 215K
Thousand Oaks, California , 91360
Cheverie and Company, LLC
Sep 16th, 2020