Camp Dates: June 8th - July 31st
Location: Camp Sol Taplin @ MARJCC in North Miami Beach
Hours: 8:30am - 4pm
- Dispense medication prescribed by physician to campers and staff as indicated.
- Provide first aid in case of an accident or illness.
- Take responsibility for calling physician when warranted.
- Maintain accurate records of all visits to the health center.
- Maintain and secure confidentiality of all health forms in compliance with HIPAA. The
Health Director, Camp Nurse and the Camp Director have the only access to these
securely locked medical records. Decisions to release medical information to other staff
members will be based on the camper’s needs and parents’ authorization.
- Model and teach good health practices for all staff and campers.
- Refer campers and staff to physician’s care at clinic or hospital with approval of Camp
- Confer with parents as necessary.
- Assist in screening incoming campers for any illnesses, infections, bruises, rashes and
other health concerns.
- Notify the appropriate staff members of camper allergies, medications and health
concerns including the Head Cook and Unit Managers.
- Communicate with the Camp Director on a daily basis.
- Assisting in maintaining and inventory of supplies and inform the Health Director if
anything needs to be ordered.
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and
safety, including, but not limited to standard precautions, how to administer aid and
what type of aid needs more than general first aid.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of campers and staff while in the Health
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized Health Center at all times.
- Commit to the camp season.
- Participate in camp activities when possible
- Report incidents/accidents to Camp Director immediately.
- Report suspected child abuse to the appropriate authorities immediately and inform the
Camp Director as soon as possible.
- Demonstrate sound problem-solving techniques.
- Assist campers in emergency situations.
- Participate in all aspects of camp
- Comply with personnel policies.
- Work as a team player.
- Set a good example for campers and staff in terms of cleanliness, punctuality, manners,
appropriate language, appropriate attire, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to other staff members, campers, parents,
guardians, and other visitors to camp.
- Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Camp Director.