Hospital facility in Tallahassee, Florida is seeking an additional physicist. Our current physics staff includes 1 fulltime physicist and 1 full time dosimetrist. The center utilizes a Varian 2300 ix Silhouette, Radixact tomotherapy, Varisource HDR, and GE Optima Big Bore CT. Treatment services include IMRT, IGRT, SRS/SBRT, brachytherapy and Xofigo radionuclide therapy. Treatment planning systems include Eclipse/Velocity and Accuray Precision.
• QA testing and calibration of all external beam therapy machines and after loader-delivered radioactive sources in accordance with established guidelines and protocols.
• Initial treatment plan checks to assure the accuracy, safety and efficacy of dose delivery. Recommend improvements to physicians and dosimetry when appropriate.
• Continuing physics consultation to assure accurate delivery of treatments throughout the course of each patients care.
• Physics support and consultation on simulation through final treatment.
• Assist with and occasionally perform treatment planning and image fusions.
• Provides a physics resource to staff and physicians.
• Implement new technologies and new treatment modalities.
• Assure understanding of and adherence to all radiation safety procedures.
• Demonstrate professional behavior/conduct in all interactions, and foster teamwork amongst staff.
• Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors.
• Supervise of brachytherapy procedures
• Assure accordance to NRC/State regulations.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Medical Physics or a closely related discipline.
• Must have certification from the American Board of Radiology, and must possess or be eligible for a Florida license, in Therapeutic Radiological Physics.
• The candidate must demonstrate effective communications skills, both oral and written. Experience with IMRT, VMAT, Eclipse and Aria is required. Direct experience with SBRT, SRS, HDR, and 4DCT is strongly preferred.
• Certification from the American Board of Radiology.
• Must possess or be eligible for a Florida license in Therapeutic Radiological Physics.
• Experience with IMRT, VMAT, Eclipse and Aria is required. Experience with SBRT, SRS, HDR, and 4DCT is strongly preferred.
• NEEDS 3-5 years’ experience (not necessary need hospital experience)
• The facility is a small outpatient facility with older equipment (will be getting new equipment in the next few years)
• Does not need FL Lic to submit, but must get it before hire
• Sees about 50 patients a day
• Schedule: 8-4:30pm M-F
Tallahassee, Florida , 32301
$200,000+ per year
Pulse Clinical Alliance, LLC
Nov 21st, 2019