Position Title: School Nurse (RN)
Position Start Date: September 2018
Westmark School is currently seeking a full-time Nurse (RN) to oversee the health and safety of students in grades 2-12 and to work in conjunction with the school counselor and faculty in enhancing wellness programs for the school community.
The ideal candidate will possess prior experience working with children who have a diagnosed language-based learning difference such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, or dyscalculia, and/or other visual or auditory processing disorders, and in some cases combined with ADD/ADHD.
• Tend to the injuries and illnesses of students on campus and determine if further care is needed
• Oversee the special and routine medical needs of students; safeguard medication supply and accounting for students that require medication on a regular basis, if requested by the student’s parents; notify parents of low medication supply for prescription refills
• Maintain and monitor the School’s emergency information database for students including health records and immunization records
• Manage record-keeping and compliance with TB testing and physical exams
• Manage record-keeping and compliance with the rules of OSHA
• Participate as a member of the Emergency Preparedness Team, attends emergency preparedness coordination meeting as needed
• Notify parents of immunization requirements
• Complete student and employee accident reports; act as a workers comp interface as needed
• In conjunction with the Director of Finance, manage Safety Committee and serve as primary liaison with outside safety consultant
• Serve as leader and first aid team member during an emergency
• Plan and conduct regular emergency drills with assistance of the Director of Finance
• Maintain emergency preparedness manual, classroom emergency backpacks, emergency and first aid supplies and food
• Provide accurate and consistent communication with families, administrators and colleagues regarding student medical concerns or issues
• Model professional and ethical standards when interacting with students, parents, peers and the community at large
• Provide hyper vigilant supervision to ensure the safety and well-being of our students
• Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
• Possession of a current RN license
• 1-2 years experience , ideally in a school
Experience working with children with language-based learning differences preferred
• Ability to communicate rapidly and effectively with all constituents in a school environment
• Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office
• Collaborative, team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
5461 Louise Avenue | Encino, CA 91316
Westmark School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and job performance. School policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions (including genetic characteristics or information), sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, and local laws.
Encino, California , 91316
Aug 31st, 2018