Telephone Nurse Intake position is responsible for gathering, receiving and documenting necessary information from a claimant or claimant representative in a contact center environment. Utilizes clinical knowledge to begin claim evaluation and pursue additional clarifying & pertinent information that will provide insight into the claimant's clinical status and their ability to perform job duties. Communicates effectively (oral & written) to provide exceptional customer service.
• Gathers, receives and documents necessary information from claimants and or representatives to initiate and begin evaluation of disability claim
• Provides caller with explanation of Intake & subsequent claims process
• Customize claimant interview to obtain medical information specific to functional limitations and work requirements in order to determine if limitations are reasonable and medically supported.
• Determine medical complexity and appropriate duration assignment and/or a medical milestone for those claims assigned a duration/ milestone.
• Discuss & assess job modification and RTW expectations as appropriate to the claim.
• Maintains acceptable level of claim/call quality per formal quality review guidelines
• Demonstrates effective & professional oral communication skills (responsive, knowledgeable, empathetic, and courteous communication)
• Clearly & concisely documents clinical impression to enable Claims Ability Analyst to make an appropriate claims decision based on EEs condition & functionality
The role requires a licensed or certified professional clinician with broad spectrum of knowledge about anatomy & physiology and at least 2 years of experience in working with adults in a clinical setting.
• RN/LPN with active license (required)
• Clinical Case Management experience (preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years clinical experience (required)
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent keyboard/automation skills
• Must be willing to work 9:30am - 6:00 pm
Training scheduled to start March 26th and will be held for a minimum of 4 weeks. *Regular hours after will be 9:30 am – 6pm in perspective time zone. Following training, a mentor will be provided to assist with continued development.
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position can be located in any of the following office locations: Bloomington, MN; Rancho Cordova, CA; Lake Mary, FL