• Assist providers as needed with sick visits, well child visits, school and camp physicals
• Instruct individuals, families, and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and childbirth, and develop health improvement programs.
• Administer injections, immunizations and treatments as directed by the providers.
• Work with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of communities.
• Escort patients to room and interview to obtain appropriate medical information; prepare patients for examinations; accurately record vital signs including such items as pain assessment, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, height and weight; record history of complaint in electronic medical record.
• Update and verify clinical records in patient charts.
• Provide patient education as may be required
• Obtain blood sample by finger stick or veni-puncture.
• Collect lab specimens from patients for testing, including but not limited to urine, blood, and sputum. Perform routine laboratory tests on these specimens or send out to the lab as per provider orders.
• Prepare examination rooms for patients, clean examination rooms and equipment with germicides.
• Work with nursing staff and front office to manage the patient flow.
• Answer phones as needed.
• Act as telephone triage assistant, handling phone calls, answering questions, and relaying messages to and from the providers.
• Schedule same-day appointments as required.
• Review incoming documents, emergency room reports, and lab results for your assigned provider.
• Order and re-stock medical supplies. Check and maintain crash box. Check and order samples when needed.
• Maintain medical waste.
• 2 years’ experience with LPN certification required
• Tech savvy
• Bilingual – Spanish a plus
The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
2 years’ experience with LPN certification required
Stamford, Connecticut , 06902
Sep 30th, 2021