School Nursing Position: Small Independent School, Sudbury, MA. Part time position (approx. 20hrs)
Small private school for around 50 exceptionally bright quirky kids (gr. 6-12) has an opening immediately. Individuals must be flexible yet very organized, be supportive yet not a pushover. Ability to laugh essential; brains helpful.
First year will include job share opportunity with current school nurse working toward the full position during the 2022-2023 school year.
2. Psychiatric background if possible.
3. Understanding of adolescents with special needs.
4. Willing to work as a team member, with flexibility, and the ability to communicate with
1. Supervision of development and implementation of medication dispensation policy including training for delegation.
2. Monthly check on first aid boxes and fanny packs, more frequently if necessary.
3. Examination of initial health forms for incoming students and reporting varied needs to
faculty at meeting.
4. Check on emergency notebooks for travel.
5. Check on written orders for medication, initially and as changes are needed.
6. Consultation in the development of Health Care policies, and monitoring of same.
7. Check on student health forms re: immunizations, etc.
8. Recommendations of authorized providers for first aid, CPR instruction.
9. Consultation on planning of sex education matters.
10. Consultation with faculty regarding eating disorders, and the handling thereof.
11. Information provider in case of infectious disease to parents.
12. Lice checks if necessary.
13. Available to parents around issues of substances abuse.
14. Other duties as decided by the Head of School, or as deemed appropriate and necessary by
15. Consultation with parents regarding medication issues.
16. Apply for Registration for the handling, storage and delegation of medication administration
in Massachusetts Day Programs.
17. Apply for Massachusetts controlled Substance Registration for schools from the Drug
18. Select and train teachers for delegation of medication including EPI Pen administration for
19. Attend the Delegation Workshop presented by the Department of Public Health, School
Health Unit every 3-years.
20. Registration with MIIS and complete 7th and 11th grade immunization survey annually. 21. Receive all medication from students/parents, ensure they are documented and stored
appropriately in locked safe or nurses office.
22. Appropriately dispose of or return unused meds after medication change or at the end of the
23. Provide information on med administration plan re:side edicts of student meds. 24. Confer with staff as necessary.