The 5E Ortho/Neuro/Medical Nurse Manager is responsible for the daily unit operations of the unit assuming responsibility for the quality of care rendered in an efficient and effective manner. He/she is accountable for assuming clinical care, budget operations, and patient/customer satisfaction.
• Actively engages in interviews and other staff recruitment initiatives.
• Approves and implements department policies and procedures.
• Communicates pertinent hospital and patient care information to staff.
• Creates environment of teamwork and collaboration to improve staff satisfaction and enhance retention.
• Prompt team for rounds to start on time, help keep team focused.
• Develops and promotes new programs to strengthen Riverside's overall reputation and market position.
• Establishes and maintains excellent physician relationships and works to resolve medical staff problems in a timely manner.
• Establishes and maintains QI standards and measurements.
• Establishes and monitors unit productivity and ensures appropriate staffing at all times.
• Prompts team for rounds to start on time, help keep team focused.
• Integrates the departments into the mainstream of Riverside HealthCare in support of the organizational mission
• Manages and provides leadership in financial matters regarding budgeting and cost control and revenue generation.
• Manages the daily clinical and operations of 3 Ortho Unit.
• Ongoing collaboration and interaction with CM and SW throughout the day.
•Oversees clinical services in all areas of assignment to promote interdisciplinary team development and movement along the continuum.
• Participates and contributes to assigned committees, teams, task forces, including community service if applicable.
• Provides leadership and direction for ensuring quality patient care.
• Provides leadership and direction for improving patient/customer satisfaction.
• Review Visionware reports to ensure appropriate staff levels and skill mix on a daily basis.
Reviews Press Ganey to improve patient satisfaction/teach/create initiatives. Suggests or recommends changes in plan of care
based on nursing interactions with patient/family.
• Support/assure development and maintenance of nurse/physician collaboration.
• Graduate from an approved school of nursing, BSN required.
• 3-5 years of clinical experience
License or Certification Requirements:
• Current Illinois RN registration.