POSITION SPECIFIC INFORMATION
This a temp to perm, 40 hour per week position.
This position supports the Laboratory and Clinical Service Areas to monitor compliance with Quality Assurance (operations/policies and Compliance and Risk operations/standards within Public Health under the direction of the Total Quality (TQ) Senior Health Manager. Will design, implement and maintain Quality Assurance (QA) result tracking system to ensure evidence of defined workflow processes in clinical and laboratory service delivery are met with success. Will collaborate with the Nursing Director, Medical Director(s) and Program Director(s) to ensure resulting processes meet medical, nursing, and operational standards to enhance service delivery and minimize medical risk. Will provide on-going support to laboratory and clinical staff to ensure operational success. Provides recommendations and strategies to improve notification process of laboratory results. Active member of the TQM Audit team to ensure established audit practices are accurate and effective in application of HLT QA program policy. This position maintains a safe environment and performs all job-related responsibilities in a safe manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Nursing techniques with strong nursing assessment skills.
• Medical and legal terminology.
• Principles of public health and associated laws.
• Human anatomy and physiology.
• Clinical sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Prioritizing and assigning work.
• Managing and executing multiple tasks.
• Maintaining various confidential records.
• Evaluating records to ensure standards, regulations and statutes are met.
• Using computers and related software applications.
• Applying and explaining applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and/or procedures.
• Exercising judgment and discretion;
• Maintaining records and files complying with HIPAA regulations.
• Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Care Management – Having the knowledge and skills to secure relevant patient care data and identify key issues and relationships in the management of patient care; understanding the relationships among assessments, interventions, and patient responses; skilled in documentation of assessments and adjusting physical and cognitive prescriptions as needed.
• Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
• Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
• Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: One-year experience in nursing.
Education: Completion of an accredited BSN program
Equivalent Experience for Education Accepted? No
Licenses and Certifications: Current NC License to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the NC Board of Nursing or another Nurse Licensure Compact State. North Carolina or South Carolina Driver’s License. Must be able to obtain and maintain a County Operator’s Permit.
• Previous public health experience highly desirable.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal public health laws.
• Knowledge of, and skill in, the application of nursing theory, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs; understanding of best practices, safety standards, and therapeutic outcomes related to the specific area(s) of practice.
• Knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health, including health disparities.
• Knowledge of available resources and organizations; ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions.
• Considerable knowledge of Quality Assurance principles and techniques.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Share Point and Power Point.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and present data (trends, reports, performance measurements, etc.).
• Skills in oral and written communications.
• Skills to accurately record services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports and medical instructions.
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations regarding handling of client charts and client-related communications.
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
Charlotte , North Carolina
May 14th, 2019