The Registered Polysomnographic Technologist provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including in-center and out-of-center sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education. Able to perform the duties defined for a sleep technician and provide oversight of other sleep center staff.
• Reviews the patient's history and verifies the medical order.
• Identifies recording artifact and corrects problems with recording.
• Accurately scores and analyzes sleep studies.
• Performs therapeutic treatments and interventions independently.
• Recognizes physiological parameters including various sleep stages.
• Maintains and properly uses sleep-related equipment.
• Informs, instructs, and educates patients regarding testing and treatments.
• Maintains all required documentation, logs, charts, forms and records in paper and electronic formats.
• Performs other related duties as required and directed.
• 2+ Years of Experience - Required
• Travel Experience - Preferred
• RPSGT, RST, or SDS certified - Required
• Boards through ABSM, NBRC, or BRPT - Required