RN Nursing Manager
$5,000 HIRING BONUS!
In addition to various administrative duties, this position involves the provision of skilled nursing support for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Registered Nurse must work closely with agency medical support staff, program directors, and community physicians.
• Provide a variety of skilled nursing care such as catheter changes, feeding tube changes, wound care, dressing changes, etc.
• Coordination and implementation of physician’s orders with direct support staff and medical support office staff.
• Triage of client medical concerns.
• Thorough knowledge of prescription medications and related medical supplements.
• Review orders and medications.
• Develop and assist with the implementation of client-specific protocols.
• Effectively communicate with all program areas.
• Offer support and guidance to direct care staff, program managers, and all Medical Support Team Staff.
• Promote and maintain appropriate professional and ethical relationships in accordance with policies, rules, and regulations.
• Must be competent in computer and internet skills and able to learn the agency medical computer-based database.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
• Provide staff training and in-service training.
• Provide regular and ongoing training and evaluation, to direct support staff in the care and use of gastrostomy tubes and catheters in accordance with state regulations.
• Communicate with guardians and families regarding medical history, concerns, and ongoing care as needed.
• Document nursing notes for all assessments conducted.
• Write and/or review all medical protocols (catheter and g-tube)
• Review and clarify doctor’s orders as needed to ensure conformance with state regulations.
• Exercise informed judgment and uses individual competence and qualifications as criteria in seeking consultation, and accepting responsibilities.
• Quarterly monitoring and oversight of direct care staff’s ability for g-tube feedings, physical therapy, and other medical disciplines
• Provide direct supervision for agency LPNs and Medical DSPs
• Complete medical assessment of PRS, upon admission to Comprehensive Services
American Mobile Healthcare
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.