Physician Partners of America
PreOp/PACU/OR Nurse for Pain and Ortho Outpatient Surgery
PRN and Full Time positions Outpatient Surgery Center
JOB TITLE: Operating Room Registered Nurse
The Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing patient care based upon the nursing process; being effectively involved with maintaining the standard of care for assigned patients throughout the perioperative process through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The Registered Nurse shall oversee and guide employees that are under his/her supervision and collaborate with surgical team to strategize, implement and evaluate care plans for each patient. The Registered Nurse is under the direction of the Director of Nursing or the ASC Administrator.
• Conduct care with empathy at the heart of every interaction; Empathy is one of PPOA’s core values
• Perform initial pre-op assessment and formulates appropriate plan of care for a positive patient outcome
• Provide competent care in circulating cases and efficiently providing equipment/supplies based on patients’ need
• Effectively maintains sterile field by practicing aseptic techniques
• Accurately documents patient health records
• Provides high quality care while using resources efficiently
• Communicate appropriate data to the physician and other patient care team members
• Interpret and implement physician’s orders; perform treatments according to accepted standards and policies; evaluate and document effectiveness of treatments
• Anticipate potential patient problems and take the necessary precautions to minimize those problems to ensure patient safety in OR and ASC
• Identify and report unsafe practice and/or procedures to promote compliance
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill requirements regarding his/her role in the Safety Management Program (Safety/Security), Infection Control, Hazardous Materials, Emergency Preparedness, Life Safety, Medical Equipment and Utility Systems, and his/her expected level of participation. Submit documentation of annual updates.
• Interact professionally and courteously with physicians, patients, patient’s families, visitors, members of the public and co-workers.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, read and return all monthly staff meeting minutes in a timely manner
• Encourage and promote cross training activities for professional growth and in order to contribute to the overall function of the Center
• Ensure that supplies and equipment are available for patient care
• Maintain and submit documentation of required current licensure and/or certification
• Attend staff meetings, read and return all monthly meeting minutes. Attendance record not to fall below 8 out of the 12 annual staff meetings
• Responsible for knowing current policies and procedures, protocol and practices of the Center
• Function within scope of practice based on licensure, education, skills and experience; Recognize limitations and asks for guidance when necessary
• CNOR preferred but not required
• Currently active State Registered Nursing License
• Current BCLS and ACLS certification
• IV Sedation course completion and certification upon hire
• Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in the Center.
• Effective communicator-- appreciates and respects others’ needs, opinions, and concerns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrates current, comprehensive, professional knowledge and skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and AAAHC regulations, Standards for Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice Act
• Knowledge of government regulations, HIPAA, documentation standards, and other compliance standards and ability to work in full compliance
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages preferred.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner-- able to counsel/teach customers, train co-workers, and positively contribute to marketing/public relations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the medical and business community.
• Proficient computer skills- ability to accurately update and manage and electronic healthcare record
HOURS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Work conducted in one of PPOA ASC locations. The job will be Monday thru Friday, with occasional Saturdays. Work hours may be subject to change, depending on surgery schedule.
Hazards: Occasional contact with communicable diseases, electrical equipment, blood borne pathogens, etc.
Personal protective equipment: Provided if necessary (gowns, gloves, masks, head cover)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American Mobile Healthcare
Physician Partners of America
No problem! Register now to gain access to our entire job board.