Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations. Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
Associate Nurse Practitioner – Level II
• Provides professional/clinical crisis services to patients served by the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) to assess and address the need for psychiatric intervention, psychiatric medication(s), screening and referral for psychiatric/medical care, and follow-up as appropriate.
• Completes the Psychiatric Assessment, assessing the physical health status of patients by evaluating the finding of their screening and assessment, interviewing the individual, the family and/or significant others and making prospective decisions about treatment and/or disposition and referral for follow-up within established protocols.
• Performs a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation that includes evaluation of mental status, current and past history of violence, suicidal or self-harm behavior, substance use, level of functioning, health behaviors, trauma, sexual behaviors, and social and developmental history.
• Develops a differential diagnosis derived from the collection and synthesis of assessment data.
• Evaluates and interprets patient data in order to plan and implement appropriate psychiatric intervention.
• Prescribes and makes adjustments on medication within established protocols, and follow such medication(s) interventions as appropriate.
• Consults with physicians as appropriate.
• Record patient's status and progress of care rendered and plan for future care and therapeutic interventions appropriate to the patient's needs.
• Manages the crisis care and management of patients in CPEP within established protocols in the Mobile Crisis Unit Practice.
• Consults with other members of the interdisciplinary team to determine, evaluate, and plan crisis intervention goals/objectives.
• Provide information to patients, their families, and/or significant others relating to crisis intervention and progress.
• Manages psychiatric emergencies by determining the level of risk and initiating and coordinating effective emergency care.
• Makes appropriate referrals to and responds to consults from othr health care professionals.
• A valid New York State license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse; and
• Current certificate as a Nurse Practitioner issued by the New York State Department of Education; and
• A current certification issued by the State Education Department to prescribe medication.
• RN Degree/Knowledgeable in Nursing and Psychiatry.
New York, New York , 10041
NYC Health + Hospitals
Jan 27th, 2020