Are you a natural night owl with an RN? We've got the job for you! The Ruby Valley Hospital is accepting applications for a full-time night-shift nurse. The salary is competitive and the position is eligible for benefits. This is an exciting time at the Ruby Valley Hospital. Jump on board and as we prepare to move to our brand new facility!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the administration of professional nursing care to all patients in the hospital, including acute care patients, swing bed patients, patients admitted to the hospital's designated CCU bed, and patients presenting to the Emergency and Outpatient departments either personally or by delegation and supervision of supporting nursing personnel. It is also included in the policy that the Registered Nurse works under the direction of the Director of Nursing and practitioners granted privileges by the Board of Directors.
The following is a list of essential job accountabilities:
- To supervise and administer direct patient care with optimism with excellent skills, evaluate patient outcomes, consult with other practitioners and adjust nursing care processes as indicated for patient care;
- To maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families;
-To follow infection control standards as part of the safe and therapeutic environment and identifies patients as risk for nosocomial infections;
- To maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient medical histories, physical assessment, change in the physical condition and to develop and implement the plan of care for each patient that is admitted;
- To provide a pain assessment and the response to treatment in the medical record;
- Provide health care instruction to patient and family members;
- Participate in the developing patient care plan as well as the discharge plan of the patient;
- To prepare and administer oral medication, IV fluids and medication; and administers and records the use of narcotic medications;
- To administer treatments and perform out-patient procedures as ordered by the medical providers;
- To enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature and in-service meetings and workshops;
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives and maintains good employee relationships;
The Ruby Valley Hospital is located in Sheridan, Montana, a beautiful community surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains. If you enjoy outdoor activities in an environment of spectacular natural beauty, you'll love the Ruby Valley. Sheridan is a small, supportive community of friendly folks and plenty of activities located about an hour from Butte and Bozeman. To learn more about our hospital and community, please visit www.RubyValleyHospital.com and www.RubyValleyChamber.com (see Communities section).
The following is a list of requirements for licensure and certification for the Registered Nurse to maintain to continue working as an employee of Ruby Valley Hospital:
-To maintain license in good standing by and with the State of Montana as a Registered Nurse;
- Maintains a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification in order to provide care to emergency department and ICU/CCU patients;
- Maintains a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification;
- Is encouraged to obtain certifications in Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Trauma and Advance Trauma Life Support and any other self-motivated certification to expand the registered nurse's knowledge base in rural health care.
Sheridan, Montana , 59749
Competitive salary based on experience
Ruby Valley Hospital
Feb 14th, 2018