Touro University California, a rapidly growing university offering graduate programs in health sciences and education, has an excellent opportunity for a Clinical Experience Coordinator for College of Education and Health Sciences, School of Nursing on our Mare Island campus. The university is part of the Touro College and University System and is located on the northern tip of San Francisco Bay in Vallejo, California. Touro University California is an independent, non-profit Jewish-sponsored institution. It has 1,403 students in three graduate professional colleges (Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Education and Health Sciences). Touro welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics.
Why you should join our team!
• 38 hour work week
• Great work/life balance
• TUC offers a welcoming campus and a positive, supportive culture
• Solano County offers some of the lowest cost housing in the SF Bay Area
Faculty in the TUC School of Nursing (SON) are charged with planning, implementing and evaluating nursing curricula and defining and measuring student learning outcomes. Faculty will engage in a collaborative process as they develop policies and procedures for the SON; they maintain currency in their professional field and model excellence in instruction and assessment of learning. As a member of the larger campus, faculty is engaged in service at the School, College and University level. They are engaged members of their professional and geographic community and participate in scholarly activities relevant to their faculty responsibilities and professional discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS: is the Education, Training and/or related experience needed by the person to perform the job.
• Master’s or higher degree in Nursing from CNEA (NLN) or CCNE accredited nursing program.
• Current license to practice professional nursing. Candidate must be licensed in the State of California by date of employment.
• At least one year of recent clinical experience in the nursing specialty area.
• Minimum of three years cumulative clinical and/or teaching experience in specialty area.
• Evidence of continuing education in content and/or clinical appropriate to the area of practice.
• Teaching experience at the graduate level preferred.
CORE COMPETENCIES: identify the behavior an employee is expected to demonstrate.
• Facilitate learning through innovative teaching/learning strategies
• Facilitate learner development and socialization
• Use assessment and evaluation strategies
• Participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes
• Pursue continuous quality improvement in the nurse educator role
• Function within the educational environment
• Demonstrate experience with computer database skills and use of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
To view the full job description and apply, please submit cover letter and CV at:
Touro University California provides graduate and professional educational excellence in the fields of Health Sciences, Public Health, and Education. The TUC learning experience is student-centered, enriched by focused research and scholarship, and prepares professionals for rewarding lives in service to others both locally and around the globe.
Touro University California – inspirational teaching and scholarship, transformative leadership, exemplary service.