If you are a service-oriented individual and desire a thoroughly rewarding career where you have the ability to make a difference in the lives of children and families in your community, we invite you to join our team by applying for one of our employment opportunities.
We are currently seeking Health Director for Camp Felix, 2019 (Staff Training: July 22—28; Camp Dates: July 29—August 23)
• The Health Director works under direct supervision of the Camp Director to achieve Camp Felix goals and objectives by providing on-site medical care to staff and campers, helping them maintain optimal health and wellness while at camp. Specific responsibilities include
• Prior to camp: review all campers' medical applications and communicate with health care providers as needed; review/edit the camper alert and allergy list and medications list; assist Camp Felix admin staff in ordering all medical supplies and equipment.
• Live on-site for the duration of each camp session.
• Supervise health and sanitation at camp.
• Oversee the implementation of the written safety plan's medical components.
• Review and maintain campers' confidential medical records.
• Ensure that nurse's office is maintained properly and provides an environment that is neat, clean, professional, and conducive to healing; report maintenance issues to Camp Director immediately to reach resolution.
• Oversee the initial health screening of campers and daily health surveillance of campers and staff.
• Handle health emergencies and injuries, including emergency preparedness procedures and follow up for professional health care.
• Facilitate contact with proper health care providers; assure doctor's standing orders are followed.
• Maintain camp's daily medical log.
relate well to groups of young people.
• BA/BS required; NYS RN License, LPN License, or EMT license required.
• Familiarity or experience with summer camps.
• Must have at least 2 years clinical experience in pediatrics.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be proficient in managing and maintaining confidential medical records.
• Updated First Aid and CPR certifications required.
• Wilderness training certificate preferred.
• Must be able to utilize best safety practices to protect the health of him/her, other staff, and the campers.
• Must be able to work well with other staff and relate well to groups of young people.