• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
• Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
• Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
• Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Salary: $180,000 MAX ( We do have a little bit of flexibility) - Salary is based on experience
Sign on: Case by case basis up to $10k
Relocation: Case by case basis ( will need Division approval)
Yearly Bonus: Up to 15% of salary - Based on performance
Types of Services: Biggest case mix – is general, then ortho, BMT, transplant – have big kidney transplant program, do a lot of robotic women's procedures….very lengthy cases, do everything
# of Cases per year / Annual Volumes: Volume – average on weekday around 60 cases a day, had record high year with 103 cases last year, never cleared 100
Yearly Inpatient Surgeries - 11,298
Yearly Outpatient Surgeries – 8,495
Yearly Births - 3700
# of OR’s: 31 - 4 lytho procedure rooms
#FTE overseeing: 120
Is there Managers/Supervisor: 2 Managers
Who does the Director report to: It will report to a VP Surgical Services. Just added that position, so for now it will report to VP Operations, & then all of Surgical ultimately reports the COO,
31 OR’s, 4 lytho procedure rooms - MUST have BIG facility experience
· This role will have: main OR’s, lytho, & anesthesia tech call center.
· FTE’s - 120.
· Have 2 managers reporting up to this role. One is OR business manager. Historically had 2 clinical managers
2nd Director has all outpatient surgery endo & recovery, 3rd Director has Sterile processing. They would collaborate with both of those peer directors, but do not have operational oversight for those areas
It will report to a VP Surgical Services. Just added that position, so for now it will report to VP Operations, & then all of Surgical ultimately reports the COO,
Someone that can be very relational with staff & the physicians.
· Have had Magnet status since 2003. Must have BSN, prefer Masters Prepared
•Bachelor's degree required – Magnet facility
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
Minimum Work Experience
•3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
•MUST have acute care experience
•MUST have BIG facility experience with 20+ OR's
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
•Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
•Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
Dallas, Texas , 75230
$180,000 (some flexibility) Bonus up to %15
Cheverie and Company, LLC
Sep 15th, 2020