Performs skilled nursing functions in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws. All functions are performed in accordance with the established policies and practices and the state Nurse Practice Act. Delivers care to program participants/residents as delegated by a Registered Nurse (RN) or a physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide professional nursing care under the direction of a RN or physician.
* Communicate appropriate status/condition changes in program participant/resident condition to the RN/physician per program guidelines.
* Provide at least one of the following services:
*Skilled nursing visits for program participants following the care plan established by the RN;
*Examination of residents who are ill, injured or in pain and provide required nursing or medical care/medication as directed by physician; and/or
*Scheduling or facilitating scheduling of routine exams and medical/dental appointment as needed.
* Communicate with appropriate (as determined by program) medical/dental services, program staff, program medical personnel, and/or family members regarding the medication treatment needs of program participants/residents.
* Perform and maintains data entry of current health, medical and insurance records for each program participant/resident using established procedures designated by the program.
* Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, medication monitoring and/or administration, program participant/resident teaching under the direction of an RN/physician, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the RN/physician.
* Prepare Psychiatric Consultation notes and attend Clinical Consult as requested.
* Promote personal safety and a safe environment for program participants/residents and co-workers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures.
* Recognize and respond appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
* Demonstrate safe practice in the use of equipment.
* Make recommendations on improvement of safety.
* Perform job in compliance with the programs rules and regulations, policies and procedures, and professional and community standards.
* Maintain current MN license/registration.
* Attend all in-services programs offered by the program.
* Maintain and updates nursing skills as required by the program.
* Attend all required program team meetings.
* May assist with ordering medical supplies.
* Assure program participant/resident privacy is maintained by being knowledgeable and following HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
* Must be able to work regularly scheduled working hours.
* Possible overtime.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Works under direct supervision of an RN.
* Has the ability to work somewhat independently with RN over-site.
Decision Making Authority/Self-Initiative:
* Decisions are not those directly related to management or general business operations.
Professional relationships to be maintained:
* Co-workers, program participants/residents, physicians, other health care professionals, teachers, general public
Volunteers of America Minnesota is a nonprofit health and human services organization that annually serves more than 25,000 children, adolescents and their families, older adults, students, persons with disabilities and special needs, and adults completing incarceration. Since 1896, we have helped people gain self-reliance, dignity and hope.
Bar None Residential Treatment offers a variety of residential treatment and aftercare services, as well as evaluation and stabilization options, for at-risk youth who exhibit emotional and behavioral problems. Our goal is to assist program participants in gaining the skills necessary to improve their quality of life, the lives of those around them, and to succeed as adults.
If interested, apply directly at http://www.voamnwi.org
Click Careers – click View Opportunities
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Minimum of five (5) years experience in working with defined program participants or equivalent experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to work with a diverse population of individuals by using tact, diplomacy and flexibility.
* Basic math skills are required for this position.
* Creative problem solving
* Decision making
* Independent judgment
* Current license to practice as an LPN in the state(s) of employment.
* CPR certified.
* Current driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.
Volunteers of America - Minnesota
Jan 15th, 2018