Position: Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) - Contract - MSQ
Location: Long Island City, NY, 11102
Duration: 8 week contract 2 night shift, 1 day shift
The practice of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse is defined as performing tasks responsibilities within the scope of supportive & restorative care; medication administration and specialized tasks under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse of licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or dentist.
1. Delivers nursing care in structured & routine situations free of scientific complexity.
2. Assistance with activities of daily living.
3. Administration of treatments and routine tasks such as suctioning and urinary catheterizations.
4. Preparation of patient for surgery, diagnostic tests, treatments, examinations.
1. 5. Administration of medications within scope of practice. Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
2. 6. Identification and set up of intravenous equipment and delivery of solutions for infusion through peripheral access devices .
3. 7. Administer blood or blood products, with special training.
4. 8. Reports pertinent observations, treatments, medications, incidents & accidents associated with patients, to the Registered Professional Nurse & records same on appropriate documents with the format of charting utilized in the unit.
5. 9. Recognizes the unit based model for delivery of nursing care & assumes responsibility for assignments delegated by the Registered Professional Nurse such as: Contributes to nursing care plan in collaboration with other members of nursing staff.
6. 10. Reinforces the patient/family teaching process identified by the RN.
7. 11. Provides emotional support to patients & their families/significant others.
8. 12. Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the nursing care plan.
9. 13. Provides for the physical comfort & safety of the patient.
10. 14. Contributes to patient care conferences.
11. 15. Assists in Emergency Resuscitative Procedures by initiating a Team 7000 call, performing resuscitative procedures such as BCLS & carrying out other activities as directed by the team. Documents nursing care delivered on appropriate forms within the medical record.
A.Completion of educational program for licensure as a LPN.
B.Successful completion of required New York State Department of
Health LPN IV Therapy Initial Program for the demonstration of
competence in the performance of intravenous therapy/blood
administration procedures as part of Centralized Orientation.
C. Successful completion of annual unit-based review & update program in
procedures associated with intravenous therapy.
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Name: LPN - Issuing Agency: New York State Department of Health
Name: Basic Life Saver (BLS)- Issuing Agency: AHA
Medication administration and specialized tasks under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse of licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or dentist.
Country: United States
State/Province: New York
City: Long Island City
Address: 25-10 30th Ave, 25-10 30th Ave
Postal Code: 11102
In case you feel interested, kindly revert ASAP as this position is urgent and has possibility of getting filled fast. You can reach out to me at (551) 237-7516 Ext. - 6346, EMAIL me at email@example.com.