With over 150 years of experience, Rogerson Communities has grown to provide a network of innovative, accessible, affordable housing and services for elders, persons with disabilities, and the working poor in the Greater Boston area. This is an opportunity to join a team that pioneered Adult Day Health programs that support elderly and low-income men and women by enhancing dignity, self-reliance and vitality. Rogerson Communities is committed to providing the people it serves the highest quality of care and is looking for individuals who share this vision.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING BE PART OF A GREAT TEAM, WORK DAY SHIFTS & ENROLL IN GREAT BENEFITS (MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, RETIREMENT). ROGERSON IS JUST THE PLACE. JOIN THE LEADERSHIP TEAM AS A NURSE MANAGER!
POSITION: Nurse Manager
Programs: (Roslindale General Program, Roslindale Dementia Day Program, Egleston)
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assume overall responsibility and implementation of the medical component for the specific program assigned. Position includes a combination of both clinical responsibilities and managerial responsibilities as described below. Includes supervision of other nurses and Clinical Role of the Program Assistants as well as close collaboration with all other ADHP staff to ensure excellent medical care for all participants.
Registered Nurse licensed in Massachusetts. Two years’ experience working with elders and adults with physical or cognitive impairments. Sensitive to the needs of elders of all socioeconomic backgrounds. Ability to work cooperatively as a multidisciplinary team leader. Some supervisory experience with other nurses and direct care staff preferred.
• In conjunction with the Admissions Coordinator and the clinical team, evaluate prospective participants for admission to the Program and assist in obtaining and reviewing their medical information. Fill out all necessary documentation requiring RN license for Initial Mass Health Authorization process.
• Assume responsibility for (and supervise) the admission of all new participants to the program, including physical assessments, implementation of all necessary documentation (both electronic and paper), initiating a plan for med administration if needed and all other elements of a plan of care during their days of attendance.
• Develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate the nursing components of a multi-disciplinary care plan for each participant. Review as required in collaboration with the clinical team, complete yearly assessments and renew care plans yearly.
• Work directly (and supervise other nurses) with the Kitchen Coordinator in assessing that all meals meet dietary requirements, both in general under regulations and individually for each participant’s medical needs. Review daily menus to provide guidelines for the serving of lunch.
Nursing must participate in serving lunch daily.
• Assume responsibility and oversight of all documentation and requirements related to nursing regarding the Mass Health and SCO authorizations for all participants on a monthly basis to ensure they are done comprehensively and in a timely manner as per regulations.
• Work with Compliance to train and supervise on all issues regarding OSHA regulations and other health and safety standards, and on other issues related to nursing.
• Responsible to maintain program of Nursing Competencies as well as the Nursing portion of the PA Competencies, initial training and yearly reviews.
• Review nursing time sheets and submit them for approval every 2 weeks.
• Attendance at all relevant meetings, including clinical, Operations, Compliance, Regulations, MADSA and all others that apply to the Nursing Management Role.
• Monitor medical supplies and order as needed.
• Collaborate with clinical team, Program Director, Admissions Coordinator, CEO, CAO, Funding and Communications personnel of Rogerson Communities for any emergent or policy issues that arise regarding client care or ADHP Operations.
Agree to work as assigned.
Roslindale, Massachusetts , 02131
Jul 20th, 2020