The Staff Nurse II is a Registered Nurse (RN) – who supports the Valve Clinic and interventional cardiology physician team to coordinate the efforts of the patient, cardiologists, cardio-vascular surgeons, referring physicians, and other health care professionals involved in the patient’s care to ensure the best treatments for patients in an organized and effective manner. The goals are to facilitate effective communication between patients, physicians and multi-disciplinary teams involved in the patient’s care to achieve optimal care. The Staff Nurse II performs functions and responsibilities of a licensed registered nurse and demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care appropriate to the ages of patients served in a cardiology ambulatory setting. The Staff Nurse II supports the Medical Staff and the objectives and policies of the Houston Methodist DeBakey Cardiology Associates and is responsible for the cardiology out-patient clinic and office work flow processes for the Valve Clinic and interventional cardiology team. The Staff Nurse II embodies the behaviors associated with the Leadership, Art and Science of Nursing (identified in Duties and Responsibilities) at the Proficient level. The Staff Nurse II practices Relationship Centered Care in concert with The Houston Methodist Hospital values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, as well as the ServicePride standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates critical thinking, creativity, and versatility in problem solving and handling complex situations.
2. Maintains knowledge of the patient`s condition and knows when to negotiate a change in the plan of care with the physician and other members of the care team.
3. Provides patient education regarding disease process and involves patient as well as family/significant other, when appropriate, in decision-making process.
4. Assesses patient progress, collaborating with other nursing staff when needed, in accordance with the nursing process and established plan of care.
5. Acts as a patient advocate in coordinating with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate holistic and goal-oriented approach to care across the continuum that meets the patient`s physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
6. Calmly manages all, including the most complex, clinical and interpersonal situations.
7. Seeks feedback to gain insight into performance, interpersonal behaviors and incorporates feedback to improve performance.
8. Accountable for own on-going professional growth and development.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, employees, and hospital information at all times.
10. Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Demonstrates ICARE Values
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with current Texas licensure. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required. Different specialties may require additional experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Current license to practice as an Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas required. Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
Houston, Texas , 77030
Starting at $27.11 DOE
Houston Methodist Hospital
Nov 22nd, 2019