POSITION SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Health Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of School Health services and processes for the School Health Division within Mecklenburg County government. Responsibilities include the development, review, and revision of policies and procedures that adhere to legal and regulatory requirements of nursing practice; assessment, planning, and evaluation of the health services component of the School Health Program; provision of professional public health leadership to administrators and school staff; the development and coordination of quality improvement activities; the coordination of inter/intradepartmental activities; and the provision of professional/technical administrative management and direction for the program. This position represents the Health Department on interdepartmental and multi-agency committees and planning teams to provide expertise and guidance regarding School Health services.
The Health Manager assesses, plans, coordinates and evaluates the operational functions in their area to ensure quality, cost effective case management and care coordination is provided. The incumbent promotes the development, review and revision of policies and procedures that adhere to local, state, and/or federal legal and regulatory requirements of assigned programs.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with program policies, procedures and standards
• Manages and directs day to day services and resources of assigned program.
• Participates in the development of policies and procedures for assigned case management and care coordination programs. Assures quality assurance activities and process improvement activities are conducted.
• Prepares and monitors program budget.
• Participates in community level planning to develop partnerships and linkages with healthcare providers and areas of collaborative practice to ensure programs’ needs are met
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• The structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and agency rules, and the political climate.
• Expertise in area of assignment.
• Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Building Strategic Work Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Aligning Performance for Success – Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
• Strategic Decision Making – Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
• Formal Presentation – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Leading through Vision and Values – Keeping the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: Two years of experience in public health or related nursing field. Two years of supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
Equivalent Experience for Education Accepted? Yes
Licenses and Certifications: Valid NC or SC driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain a County Operator Permit. May require licensed to practice nursing in state of North Carolina or South Carolina (multistate compact)
Five years of experience in Public Health/School Health Nursing
Experience working with preschool/school aged children
Three years of supervisory experience
Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) or in related area of assignment
Charlotte, North Carolina
62832.000 - 82467.000
May 14th, 2019