The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act.
2. Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
3. Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
4. Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education regarding self-care techniques and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
5. Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor.
6. Uses and/or prepares equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently adhering to aseptic technique.
7. Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
2. Has three (3) years nursing experience. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
3. Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
4. Possess and maintain valid CPR certification.
5. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
6. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
7. Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.