Are you a Registered Nurse with a passion for Occupational Health? We are looking for an Occupational Health Leader to join our Penbryn, NJ team. This is a very exciting position where you will be the onsite occupational health leader. This position is instrumental to the team's safety. The Occupational Health Leader will help manage all aspects of safety, injuries, near misses, and more. In this role, you will work closely with the EH&S team on a variety of medical management activities, drug testing, hearing testing, respirator fit, employee advocacy, training, case management, proactive health coaching, and more. The Occupational Health Leader will be responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health services in accordance with company policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve the desired goals and objectives. This position will be responsible for all aspects of occupational health services at the site.
Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM serves markets that include aerospace, automotive and transportation, air handling, appliance, HVAC, pipe and equipment, filtration, waterproofing, building, flooring, interiors and wind energy.We build environments. For more than 150 years, Johns Manville has focused on developing materials to make diverse environments stronger, more durable, and more energy efficient and comfortable. In business since 1858, the Denver-based company has annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion and holds leadership positions in all of the key markets that it serves. JM employs approximately 7,000 people and operates 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China. Additional information can be found at www.jm.com.
We are proud to announce that Fortune magazine named our parent company, Berkshire Hathaway, the third most admired company in the world.
The magazine cited Berkshire Hathaway’s top reputation scores for innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, financial soundness, quality of products and services, and global competitiveness as reasons behind why it scores so well among the world’s largest and most recognized companies.
• As a Berkshire Hathaway company (owned by Warren Buffett) JM has a long history of steady growth and profitability all while done with the highest ethical standards. It is nice to work at a company that cares about the highest ethical standards and does not compromise. We have no debt and our owner loves to invest in our business. He is a wise investor and looks for great value, but he has not shied away from re-investment.
• As a private company, we do not answer to Wall Street and can make the best LONG TERM decisions for the company and not necessarily the next quarterly earnings cycle.
• JM’s core values are PEOPLE, PASSION, PROTECT, and PERFORM with a high regard and focus on safety and we value our people. It is a great company to work for.
• Many employees have worked for JM for 30, 40 and even 50 years! This speaks to the stability of the company as well as how we treat our employees.
• In working for JM, we are not a large impersonal company. People matter and the senior leadership is very accessible and visible to ALL employees.
- Manage and lead the Hearing Conservation Program, including audiograms and subsequent follow-up, communications, STS monitoring, and employee education/refitting/retraining.
- Manage the Respiratory Protection Program to include Pulmonary Function Tests, Fit Tests and annual retraining.
- Partner with the EHS team to develop and implement safety procedures in support of safety goals.
- Nurse case management of work-related injuries with documentation; accompanying employees to medical appointments; recheck of employees; communications with the HS&E Dept.
- Assist in supporting the EHS Incident Reporting system.
- Develop and implement Plant-Based wellness activities including proactive health coaching in areas such nutrition, sleep, stretching/exercise, etc.
- Provide regular/seasonal employee health programs such as flu shots, smoking cessation, etc.
- Partner with the EHS team in managing the physical exam program
- Develop and implement work hardening program
- Provide nurse case management for Return to Work programs, ADA and FMLA compliance
- Train JM Emergency Responders in C.P.R./First Aid and A.E.D. usage.
- Partner with site leadership in driving employee health components of safety programs.
- Monitor substance abuse procedures including administration of pre-hire testing, post incident testing, and assisting employees who come forward for treatment.
- Partner with the EHS team to implement a management system that includes plan developments and audits.
- Partner with the EHS team to review and revise existing health and safety plans and procedures as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health regulations and requirements as codified in state and federal OSHA regulations.
- Registered or Occupational Nurse (license in good standing)
- 3 or more years of Occupational Nursing experience
- General knowledge of workers compensation specifically as it relates to case management
- Experience with hearing conservation and respiratory programs
- Experience maintaining compliance with safety programs
- Experience with proactive health coaching
- General knowledge of OSHA (health related requirements and regulations)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to be on call 24/7
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- 2 years of Manufacturing experience (union environment, heavy industrial)
- Experience delivering training
- Experience with proactive health coaching
Penbryn/Berlin, New Jersey , 08009
Oct 28th, 2019